Vrijdag 19:09

LUCAS
Lucas squeezed his fists in the pockets of his jacket before pulling one hand out and knocking on the door of Jens's apartment. Only a few seconds passed before the door swung open, revealing Jens, in a dark green t-shirt and blue jeans.

He looked good.

Lucas's eyes trailed down his body before looking back into Jens's. Jens smiled, almost smugly, and reached out, grabbing the lapel of his jacket and pressing a kiss to Lucas's mouth.

"Happy birthday, baby," Lucas said quietly.

"Thank you." Jens pulled away and smiled again.

"Everything's good?"

Jens slid his hand Lucas's chest to his neck and nodded, kissing him again, gently biting his lower lip. Lucas smiled against his mouth.

As they pulled away he heard, "Hi!" and looked over Jens's shoulder to see Lotte, who was grinning brightly.

"Hi!" Lucas responded, gently pushing Jens back, his fingers pressing gently against his chest. "How are you?"

"Good." She bounced over and grabbed Jens's leg, looking at Lucas. "I'm hungry."

"Well, it's a good thing we're going to eat dinner, isn't it?"

Jens kissed Lucas's forehead before pulling him inside and shutting the door behind him. Jens led the way into the kitchen and dining room area and Lucas followed, his eyes making their way across his body again before he looked to Lotte.

"Can you guess what Mama made for dinner?"

Lucas twisted his mouth and scrunched his nose, pretending to think hard.

"Did she make...food?"

"Hey!" Lotte swatted at his leg and he laughed. "That doesn't count."

As they entered the kitchen, Lucas quickly glanced up at the counter, seeing a colorful salad in a clear bowl next to a fresh pizza. He laughed at Lotte and pretended to think again.

"Did she make...pizza?"

"You looked!" She swatted at him again and he caught her hand, quickly spinning around so she twirled. Her skirt spun around her.

As she giggled, Jens's mother turned toward them, holding two empty glasses, and set them on the dining table before reaching out to Lucas.

"Hello, darling," she said as Lucas let go of Lotte and reached out to her as well, hugging her gently.

"Hi, Mrs. Stoffels." Lucas froze, remembering that Jens's dad had left them, not knowing if the name was his or hers.

"How are you?" She let go and looked at him, holding his shoulders.

"I'm alright."

He offered her a smile and she nodded, then turned to Jens and said, "What, you're not going to take his coat? What kind of host are you?"

"Oh!" Jens jumped and reached for Lucas's coat as he took it off, laughing. "He probably would have left me wearing mine, too," Jens said defensively.

"Probably," Lucas said. Jens made a face at him.

Jens hung Lucas's jacket on the back of a seat, pulling the seat back and motioning for Lucas to sit.

"Oh, a gentleman." Lucas sat in the seat and watched fondly as Jens did the same for Lotte. She sat next to Lucas.