2. Orphanage

Wu's POV

Darkley's Orphanage

This is written on a sign next to the entry. The adress on misakos letter leads to this building. For a moment I just stare at the sign. Thousands thoughts are crossing my mind. What if Lloyd isn't there anymore? What if I will never find him? I shake my head, take a deep breath and then enter the building with a worried feeling.

Inside the building it looks really nice and friendly. Everywhere are colors and toys. While I look around an old man with short gray hair and a chin strip comes towards him, he wears large glasses, a white shirt with a bow-tie underneath a sweater and brown overcoat. He stops infront of me and reaches out his hand to me.

"Welcome to Darkley's Orphanage, my name is Noble and I'm the principal here. Nice to meet you."

I take his hand and shake it as a greeting.

"Nice to meet you too, my name is Wu. I'm here because I wanted to ask you something. I just found out I have a nephew and he was sent here 13 years ago. His name is Lloyd Garmadon. He has green eyes and blond hair. Is he by any chance still here?"

Noble looks at me surprised.

"Lloyd?" Noble said "Yes, he was sent here after his mother died. We didn't knew who the father was so we couldn't find any relatives. And all those years nobody wanted to adopt him. I'm glad he still has a family. If I assume this correct, you want to take him with you right?"

//Thank god...he's still here.//

"Yes. As his only family I would like to take care of him."

Noble nods and takes out a tablet.

"I'll take care of the paperwork, I have to make sure you have the abilities to take care of him. You said you just found out, how did you?"

"Oh, wait." I take out Misakos Letter and give it to him. "His Mother wrote me this letter and asked me to take care of him. But somehow this letter never arrived me until today and when I read it I immediately came here."

Noble looks a while at the letter then looks at his tablet, nods, writes something down and gives me the letter back.

"I just had to make sure you're really related. Misako was a good friend of mine. That's also why she sent Lloyd here. She told me someone will come to pick him up. Even though it's 13 years later. I'm glad you finally came." Noble smiles at me and points to a door. ,,There are all the children. Go find him, I'll finish this."

"Thank you Nobble. And thank you for taking care of him."

"No problem Wu. He's a good boy." Noble goes through an other door while I go to the door he pointed at, I put one hand on the handle and take a deep breath before I open the door and walk through it.

Behind the door is a big playroom. Everywhere are children playing with each other and with toys. Some children are sitting at tables drawing something, others are sitting on a couch and watching tv. There are babys and teenagers from every age in the room playing aroung. There are also some other doors probally leading to cafeterias, bedrooms ad bathrooms. When I entered the room all kids freezed, turned to the door and looked at me. For a moment it was silent and the kids just looked at me. But in the next second the smallest of them jump me and play with my hat, beard or my staff. Completely overwhelmed I lay there with all the kids on me and don't know what to do, but in the next moment some older voices sound between the yelling of the children.

"Guys get off him!! Brad give the staff back!!"

"Gene, Sally stop pulling his beard that's not nice!!"

The kids only look sad and then get off me. Two older boys help me up and now I can finally see them. One of them wear's white jeans with a bright blue shirt and over it a darkblue sweater, he has blue eyes, white hair in a tall flat-top hairstyle and defined cheeks and jawline. The other one wears red pants, a white shirt with a red sweater over it, he has spiky brown hair and dark brown eyes, he has also a scar on this right eyebrow and a bandage above his left.

"Sir are you alright?" Says the boy with the white hair and supports me a bit. I just nod and the boy with the spicky hair gives me my staff and hat.

"Sorry for the kids. They just get really exited."

"It's alright don't worry." Said I while putting on my hat and I look at the two.

"Are you two working here?"

"Working? Oh no it's not like that. We are living here but as some of oldest we feel responsible for them and help them get adopted. My name is Zane and that-" Zane points at the boy with the spiky hair who's playing with some of the kids. "Is Kai. We got here some years ago. Sometimes it's exhausting but it feels like having a bunch of little siblings to watch over so it never get's boring."

Zane just smiles bright and a small smile also appears on my lips.

//Those two are very special. So responsible at such a young age.//