44. Guardian

Lloyd's POV

I look confused at my uncle, I slowly go the stairs down still with the sword raised.

"Uncle...what are you talking about...?"

Garmadon starts to attack Wu again, they both fight while my uncle keeps talking to me.

"Lloyd, I'm the guardian of the miraculous! I'm the one who gave the green Ninja and his team their miraculous!!!"

I see that Garmadon's eyes wide and he starts to attack Wu even harder.

"I KNEW IT, YOU BETRAYED ME!!! BUT YOU CAN'T BE THE GUARDIAN, THE TRAINING TAKES SEVERAL YEARS!!!"

Wu kicks Garmadon back. "Not when every other Guardian dies!!! Father gave me the last miraculous box before he died!!"

Garmadon just looks at Wu with big eyes. I keep walking down the stairs, Garmadon looks to me and sees my worried and shooked expression while I slowly step on the grass of the garden with the sword still raised.

"B-But uncle what does that mean??!"

"It means that to protect you, I have to do this!!! Don't worry the green Ninja knows what to do! He'll protect you." He stands up, closes his eyes and spreads his arms.

"I, Master Wu hereby relinquish the miracle box-"

Garmadon's eyes wide, the next moment they glow up red again and his expressions gets furious, he stands up running towards Wu ready to attack him. When I see this, I run between them and block Garmadon's attack with my sword. He looks at me angry while I look over the slide of my sword to him, the sword shakes, while I try to hold with my whole power his four arms back.

"Son, get out of my way!!!"

"I won't let you hurt him!!"

"-and name the green Ninja the new guardian!"

"What!?"

Say Garmadon and me at the same time. The next moment I see Wu falling on the ground, unconscious. My eyes wide, I drop my sword and run over to my uncle. I kneel down beside him and hold him in my arms.

"Uncle...? Uncle??? H-Hey wake up!!!"

I shake him for a while and he doesn't move. Tears form in my eyes and I get louder.

"U-Uncle!! P-Please!!!"

Tears are rolling down my face and I just keep holding him.

"P-Please..."

Garmadon just stands there and doesn't move, but the next moment he starts to groal and runs towards us.

"WUUU!!!!!!"

He's ready to attack Wu, but I stand up in time and stand with my arms spread protectly in front of Wu. I look at Garmadon, with tears rolling down my face.

"D-Don't you dare..."

He stops immediately, stands infront of me, his red eyes turn brown again and he just looks down at me. For some time we just stand their looking into each other's eyes. I into his brown eyes and he into my green eyes, all red and full with tears. He turns around and starts to walk off.

"Samukai." In a second appears another Skeleton, bows down while Garmadon walks by. While they talk I just sit down beside my uncle and hug him."You bring them back home. If you dare to hurt him you know what will happen. Try to find the miracle box at their place as long as the green Ninja doesn't appears."

Samukai nods while his bones shake. "Of course Master."

When Garmadon enters the building and closes the door Samukai snaps and the next moment Wu and I are surrounded by skeleton. I look around and stand up, I rub over my eyes and I'm ready to fight them off, but one of them behind me presses a tissue over my mouth, my eyes close slowly and the next moment everything turns black.

Some time later I wake up. I don't know how long I was asleep but it should be some hours since I'm now in my room on my bed. I rub over my eyes and yawn, when I remember what happend. "UNCLE!!"

I jump up and run out of my room to his. I storm inside but he's not there. I run around the monastery and call him.

"UNCLEE!!!"

I arrive in the living room and see him standing there when I arrive there he turns around to me. I smile relieved and run over to him, hugging him.

"You're alright!!!"

"Uhm..." I notice that he doesn't do anything. I let him go and look at him questionable.

"What's wrong, are you alright?"

"Uhm..yes, but..." he smiles kinda nervous. "Who are you?"

My eyes wide and I step back. What? What did he just say?

"W-What? You...you must be joking...right?"

He looks at me with a strange expression. "No sorry...I don't know who you are...you seem familiar though...what's your name? And what's my name?"

I hold my head and just look at him frozen. He looks at me with a sad smile while I start to tear up a bit, I turn around and cover my mouth. "I-I'm right back...I-I'm going..for a small walk. Please stay here.."

I walk out slowly, I noticed his glare while I walk out but I just continue to go out and close the door behind me. I walk out for a while, following the street and can just hold my tears back. From the distance I can see my friends walking in my direction. When they see me they run to me and smile relieved.

"Lloyd, it's really you!! We already wanted to visit you!" Says Jay smiling.

"Yeah, we were worried. You were-"

Their eyes wide when they noticed my teary eyes. They start to look serious at me.

"Lloyd, what happend?"

I try to hold them back but tears just start to roll down my cheek. They all hug me while I just cry loud and let everything out. Some time we're just standing like that, they're quite while I cry and sob. After some time I'm still not really calm but I told them about my uncle, that he hit his head and lost his memory. It hurts me to lie to them about that, but I have to keep it a secret, it could risk my identity. And my uncle's sacrifice would have been useless. They walked me home and brought me to my room while they sat down with my uncle and talked with him. They told him about himself, about me but let everything about my father out. He shouldn't know. It's his chance to live a normal life. I'm sitting on my bed and just cry silently when I hear a voice.

"Lloyd...?" I look up with tears in my eyes. I look around and then see Tigg placing a hand on mine. I tear up even more. "T-Tigg...uncle...!"

She nods slowly, smiles at me cheerfully but has tears in her eyes too.

"I know Lloyd. And it's my fault."

"No...no..." I lay down with her and just hug her. "It's not your fault..."

"It is...if I would have been there...you could've just transformed and everything would have been different! It's all my fault...I tried to find you but I couldn't..."

"Tigg..." I stroke over her head. "It's over now...and it's nobodys fault. You did everything...and you know my uncle...he always does the right thing...right?" I wipe her tears away while she smiles slightly and nods. "Yes...he did the right thing...I know you will be a great guardian...we will help you."

Now she wipes my tears away and gives me a kiss on my nosetip. I smile slightly and sit up with her. "Thank you. Now come on. We shouldn't let him alone now." I stand up and she hides in my sweater pocket. "He's my uncle. And I love him. He needs me right now."