18. Flame

Kai's POV

Right now I'm running over rooftops and jump from one to an other, next to the green Ninja. It feels super awesome. I look down at me and see my suit. It's red and has some flame symbols on it, it looks similar to the suit of the green Ninja. I have a scarf over my mouth and a mask around my eyes.

"That's so cool!!!"

I hear a silent laugh from the side and look to the green Ninja.

"Glad you like it, to be honest I wasen't so excited when I got my miraculous."

I look suprised at him while we jump over to another rooftop.

"What, really?? You didn't wanted to have superpowers?!"

He shakes his head. "It's not like that. I guess it's just the responsibility I have and you don't." He looks to me. I can't really see it but his eyes already say that he's smiling even though they are filled with sadness. "After all Garmadon wants my miraculous. And if I fail the world is doomed."

"Oh..." I just look at him. "But you're doing a good job, really. And I know you won't fail. And now you have me by your side."

We both stop on a roof and I walk over to him. "Let's do this." I raise a fist to bump in, he looks at it, closes his eyes and bumps it.

"Yeah you're right." he opens his eyes again and then noticed that I'm just looking down at him. "You alright?"

"What?" I shake my head. "Ah sorry...I just.." I chuckle "Kinda cute that you're smaller then me. You remember me of one of my friends."

I notice that he blushes a bit and he crosses his arms. "Concentrate please." I still chuckle a bit and then nod. "Ok sorry"

"Yeah. Yeah." He sighs, shakes his head and looks around, he points into a direction. "There are those plants." He looks at me serious. "Remember you are stronger and faster. You have also a fighting style called spinjitzu. When you activate your power with the phrase 'Fire potential' you can control, create and become fire for 5 minutes. Once those 5 minutes are over you will detransform. Please be careful."

I nod and look at the bafge at my suit.

"I promise you." I smile at him. "And I already have a plan. We'll use the element of suprise. They don't know about me."

"It's not as easy as you think. Don't do anything without thinking it through."

"I won't. Here's the plan." I tell him the plan, he just listens carefully and then nods.

"Good, I trust you. Let's do this."

"Thank you, I won't let you down"

We both go to different edges of the building and jump down, we separate and I run to a corner of another building and look around it. I see Lanatura standing on a plant and controlling the plants around him, those are right now traping people in some kind of cocon.

"Hey, Idiot I'm here!!!!" I hear a voice yell. I look around and see the green Ninja standing on the street.

"Come on, try to catch me!!!" Lanatura looks to him and points with his staff at him. "Get him!!!" The plants start to follow the green Ninja, he flees. I walk up tiptoeing to the cocons, I take my sword from my back and cut them open. I see some of the people and whisper "Come on get out of here! But quiet!" They look at me suprised, nod and walk out whispering thank you. After I freed all of the people, I hide behind the cocons and see the plants returning with the green Ninja.

"Ahhh there you are Greenie. Finally showed up again. Why can't you see that you can't defeat me."

The green Ninja tries to fight off the plants looks mad at the villain.

"You're underestimating me."

Lanatura starts to laugh. "Oh yeah? I'm sure I'm not. I won't be so foolish and fall for one of your traps. I know exactly that you tricked many villains in believing that you are defeated and then let their guard down, but you just played dump." The plants around the green Ninja tighten and he gasps for air. "Once you're unconscious it will be like a child's play to take your miraculous! Nice dreams greenie." The plants tight more and the green Ninja get's less and less air, he tries to gasp for air.

I look around, pick up a rock and throw it on some of the roots. Lanatura indeed looks away from the green Ninja to the place I throw the rock on. I use the chance, run out of my hiding place and start using Spinjitzu while running, it's some kind of twisting, turning fighting style, I jump on some roots up to the plant he's stannding on, I stop using spinjitzu, jump over him and grab his staff simultaneously. When I got the staff all the plants fell dead on the ground, those which held the green Ninja let him go and he falls with them on the ground. I land with his staff in my hand on the ground and run over to him. I help him standing up. "You alright??"

He breathes heavily and gasps for air, he nods and looks at me. "I'm good. I trusted you."

My own eyes wide and I smile slightly. "Thank you." I give him the staff, he takes it and we both look to Lanatura who just looks at us with big eyes. "What??! Impossible, who are you!!"

I smirk at him "I'm the fire Ninja. You can call me Flame." I look to the green Ninja, he lifts a hand "Destruction!!!" A dark aura appears around his hand and he touches the staff, the next momemt it turns into dust. We already look around, ready to watch the plants and everything disappear.

But nothing happens. Everything stays the way it is. I look at him confused. "Why isn't everything disappearing?"

I noticed his wide eyes. "No Akuma. It wasen't in the staff..!!" He turns to me. "We have to get away from here now!!!"

"What?? No I'm not leaving!!! I have to defeat him!!!"

"Flame we have to leave now!! Without knowing where the Akuma is we can't continue to fight!!! We have to think of a new plan!!" He wants to take my hand and pull me with him but I just pull my hand away.

"I can do this!!!"

"Please you have to li-"

He got interrupted when suddenly those roots stand up again and immediately grap us. They sling around us tight and we're both gasping for air, trapped in those roots.