Chapter 4 (EDITED)

(EDITED)

I had woken up with a sore neck and found myself lent up against the door still, I must have fell asleep here last night after coming back from the kitchen

I had woken up with a sore neck and found myself lent up against the door still, I must have fell asleep here last night after coming back from the kitchen. Stretching all my limbs I looked over to my side to find the bottle of water on the floor beside me untouched.

I got up of the floor and opened my balcony doors walking out into the sunshine. What did I hear last night? They wouldn't be capable of hurting people, right? I thought, they are always so nice a little intimidating but nice none the less and what are they hiding from me that mum and dad hid from me as well it was all so much.

I was that distracted in my own little world that I didn't notice the little voice calling out to me in the distance. I looked to the garden to see Maya there with a purple bucket hat that matched her sundress she also was waving her hand at me which was covered in a garden glove. Beside her was Aunty Caroline digging up weeds, I smiled and waved back at her she turned back towards her mum and sat down on the wooden chair that was located in the garden.

I turned back around and walked back into my room and started getting ready brushing my long black hair and putting it in a high pony tail and put on some blue high waisted shorts and grey tank top I walked out of my room trying my best to put what I heard last night in the back of my mind and get on with my day.

I walked to the kitchen and made some toast. I sat down at the counter and ate once I was done, I wondered to the garden walking past the beautiful flowers and found my way to Maya and Caroline. When I found them, Maya was still sat next to Caroline smiling and giggling about something Caroline had told her.

"Bella" she exclaimed when she saw me standing only a few feet away. She ran as fast as her little legs could take her until she finally reached me, I picked her tiny frame up and put her on my hip she wrapped her arms around my neck hugging me.

"Hello honey, how did you sleep?" Aunt Caroline asked from her spot where she was on her knees pulling up weed from around the beautiful rose garden beds.

"It was great thank you for asking" I replied flashbacks of me getting up to go to the kitchen and overhearing my Uncle's conversation ran through my head. I slightly shook my head trying to push them to the back of my mind the best I could. I heard Maya giggle from where she was on my hip, I placed her down next to me.

"Come on Maya lets go help mummy" I said to her walking over to where Caroline was and kneeling next to her picking up the extra pair of gardening gloves and slipping them onto my hands. Maya kneeled in the spot between me and Caroline and was telling us jokes she learnt at school in a joke book from the library. It was adorable every time she would tell a joke she would burst out laughing at it.

We pulled out weeds for an hour, ten minutes into it, Maya changed from jokes to stories about her school she is in year one and apparently has a lot of fun.

Once the gardening was all done, Caroline told me that Bill wanted to see me in his office. I'm wondering the halls of the mansion making my way to Bills office. I don't know what they want to talk about but for some reason there is a very off feeling about it all. I tried to go as slow as I could. Putting off having to go to him but I knew that I wouldn't be able to put this off forever. After wondering aimlessly through the halls for a few more minutes, I finally decided that it was time just to get it over with.