Chapter 28

As me and Dad walked out into the garden I knew if I did not get him out soon that he would've exploded my grandparents have always been pushy and arrogant especially my grandmother I've always hated but never had the guts to say otherwise but now...

As me and Dad walked out into the garden I knew if I did not get him out soon that he would've exploded my grandparents have always been pushy and arrogant especially my grandmother I've always hated but never had the guts to say otherwise but now I know they have no power over me I can speak freely.

"Are you ok" I asked in a gentle voice I couldn't imagine what those wretched people put in his head the lies they would have told their toxic that's what they are they apologize then stab you in the back the next day it's sad really but they're the ones that chose to be that way.

"I'm fine munchkin they just get me really angry they took everything from me the two people I love the most you and Vanessa" he said you could hear the anger in his voice.

Wait who is Vanessa?

"Dad whose Vanessa?" I asked in a quiet voice wanting to be cautious.

The look on his face looked like he had seen a ghost.

"i-i-i she was someone very special I'm sorry munchkin I want to tell you I don't want any secrets between us but it's just hard" I could see how hard it was for him to talk about what ever happened must have took its toll on him as much as I was curious I couldn't stand to see him in this much pain.

"It's ok dad you don't have to tell me take your time you can tell me another day because I would love to hear about her" I said while side hugging we were standing on the path that lead the way through the beautiful flowers of the grand garden.

It's truly is beautiful here I used to spend a lot of time here when I lived here.

"Thank you, munchkin, I guess I better go back in there before your grandmother cracks a bigger fit then she already has" he chuckled I knew it was forced though.

"Of course, I think I'm going to sit out here a little longer if that's ok" I said.

"Ok but make sure you come back in soon it looks like it's going to rain" he said in a caring tone he's always on to me about me being safe even if it's with the weather it makes me love him more as a father.

I nod along soon I watch him disappear into the distance I don't know how much time passed but I just sat on the cold stone bench watching as the weather changed as the wind picked up shivers started crawling all over my body the clouds were rolling believe it or not I love the rain I like sitting near my window with a book all rugged up just reading and listening to the pitter patter of the rain drops.

"You should head in its getting pretty bad out here" I knew that voice anywhere it's the voice that haunted my dreams for the past year one of reasons I left the one man I can't even look him in the eye because I'm terrified not of him but the emotions that come with knowing him hell even thinking of him is like a whirlwind of emotions.

"Well lucky I simply don't care for your opinion anymore" was my simple answer nothing more nothing less because I didn't have the energy to waste.