Perfuma II

Somewhere else in the castle Huntara was hugging Perfuma tight.

"I love you, flowers, I really do"

Perfuma looked at her face, about to cry of happiness.

"You really do?"

Huntara nodded.

"But we won't sleep together, ever" continued.

"Why?" asked Perfuma, feeling hurt "you don't like my physique?"

"It's not that, in fact Huntara thinks that you are gorgeous, my rose bud" said the woman, blushing slightly "but we are too different to be together"

Perfuma looked away.

"But we love each other" said the princess.

"Love is not enough" said the hunter.

Perfuma separated herself from Huntara and rejected her when the other one tried to hug her back.

"Perfuma, please, I need to hold you, I need to touch you" begged.

"And what happens with what I need?" asked, tears rolling down her face "I want to be with you"

Huntara acknowledged that she was putting Perfuma in an awkward and painful position. In a position in which she would occasionally see the person she loved but in which they would never kiss, have sexual relations or be officially together, of course they wouldn't get married or have children.

"I'm sorry"

"Why?"

"Perfuma... Huntara doesn't want to compromise, and doesn't want to hurt you" explained "I know it may sound selfish"

"Yes, yes it does" said Perfuma, sounding more angry than sad this time.

"Perfuma... But you are the person that I love the most"

"Too bad" said the princess on her way to the exit.

"Perfuma!" said Huntara following her.

"I won't be your emotional partner if I can't be your actual partner" said while walking, never looking at Huntara.

"Perfuma... I-I care about you, I want to take care of you"

"I don't need you or anyone else to take care of me" said reaching the door to return to her table, but then stopped and looked at Huntara. "I don't want to see you again"

Huntara was shocked.

"What?"

"You have heard me"

"Perfuma! But I love you" begged the hunter.

"Love is not enough, I guess you were right" said the blonde, finishing the conversation.

Before she could exit, Huntara grabbed her by the arm.

"I lied" confessed.

"What?"

"Huntara knows that, once she gets with you, she won't be able to stop herself from having sex with you. And we can't, I believe in what Queen Angella said and I don't want to put you in danger"

"You were... Going to give up in having a relationship with me in order to protect me?"

"I know it sounds silly-"

Perfuma jumped in Huntara's arms and kissed her.