Facing The Truth

"That baby is gorgeous" said Catra.

Both her and Adora were staying at Adora's old bedroom in Brightmoon's castle.

"Yes, actually I think that all our friends' babies are precious" said Adora. Both of them were rather uncomfortable though, and finally Adora brought up the avoided topic "I cannot believe that Huntara just said that dating a princess is too much work. I was certain that she loved Perfuma to pieces"

Catra nodded.

"Yeah, I must say that me too. I feel bad for her, she's always been so helpful with everyone and didn't deserve to be left like that"

"I guess that Huntara wasn't ready for all the implications. Being a princess is a responsibility, a princess cannot just leave her kingdom to live somewhere else" said Adora.

"Do you... Regret moving to Purrsia?"

Adora looked at Catra, surprised.

"No, of course not. I still need to adapt myself to it because you know that I am not the best dealing with changes... But I love it there, the castle specially" said Adora.

They were holding hands and Adora noticed all the tension leaving Catra's body.

"Let's be honest here: they probably weren't the most compatible couple. Perfuma is a flower girl and the Crimson Waste... Is a desert" said Catra.

"You're just saying that because you're pissed at Huntara" said Adora, smiling tenderly.

"Yes, yes I am"

Adora giggled, making her wife blush.

"Adora"

"Yeah?"

"Maybe you cannot meet your father now... But you have family in Etheria"

"Yeah, I've got you, the twins and your moms" said Adora.

"True, but also Kyle and Veles" said the magicat.

"Oh... Yeah, well. It's weird just to think about it. I have a brother, woah" said Adora "I don't know how to start that conversation"

"Maybe you guys have more in common than you think, maybe he's as confused as you"

.
.
.
.

Perfuma was alone because she had requested to be by herself. She was outside, still crying but not as loud as she was when she arrived. Huntara had woken her up by midnight to tell her that she was leaving, she assumed that she was just going to take a walk or something. No, Huntara was leaving not just Plumeria but Perfuma too, all the explanations that followed that sentence were still sinking in, but Perfuma could remember them perfectly: Huntara wasn't ready to start a family, to actually compromise. She missed her ex, that was all. Huntara explained her that she loved her but couldn't commit. Perfuma knew that the only truth was the missing the ex part, so she didn't beg. Instead she had accompanied her outside of her place to say goodbye, and the last thing that she said to Huntara before returning inside to cry was that she shouldn't have chased her after rejecting her if she wasn't sure, and that this time she would not forgive her if she ever returned.