A Teenager With A Crown

"King Randor is... Dead? And his wife is also dead?" asked Kyle, feeling down.

The young king couldn't fully understand why they were sad, as if they had known the king, but that was impossible because he knew that Randor had died when queen Evelyn killed him, many years ago. He knew all the story,  king Randor had never fully recovered from the murder of his first family and although he loved his second wife and the child that they had his sanity left him one day out of the sudden, that's when he went nuts trying to find his already dead twins in several planets... Queen Evelyn went nuts herself too due to pure jealousy and murdered him, which lead to her own dead. Their son was raised by his father's most loyal friends and soldiers... His father lived just like him, thought the young king, very lonely and with lots of responsibilities from a very young age.

The young king was about to ask them about their interest in a man that was long gone when he saw the sword.

"Where did you get that?!"

The teenager stood up and held the sword of protection.

"That girl" said a soldier pointing towards Adora's direction "had it"

The boy caressed his blond hair in confusion before he directly asked Adora.

"Where did you find this? This sword belongs to my family and has been missing for over forty years. Is the sword of protection and it belongs to the daughter of the king. Why do you have it?!"

"I'm She-Ra" replied Adora. She wasn't scared, she had realized something.

"That's a weird topic to joke about" said the king.

"It's not a joke" said Kyle.

"That would mean that we are related, and I think that I would know you if you were a Greyskull" said the king "but I am on my own, I have no family. I am the last Greyskull and you are going to regret making fun of my family"

"Let me prove it to you, your majesty" said Adora "I would never make fun of your family"

"That's ridiculous!" said the highest ranked soldier.

"Okay, I will let her prove it" said the teenager smiling in a cinic way "we're here to play"

They freed Adora from the rope and the handcuffs and gave her the sword. She transformed before the king and his mouth dropped.

"But-but you're older than me, you have to be the Greyskull's princess to be a She-Ra!"

"Let us tell you the story, dork" said Catra.

The king was too surprised and confused to care about the insults, so he proceeded to let them explain themselves.

"This is going to be a long story..." started Adora.

.
.
.

The conversation took three hours between explaining, giving context and answering questions.

"But, if you two are twins and you are the daughter and son of king Randor... That would mean that you two are my father's siblings" said the young king.

"We have a brother..." said Kyle.

"Wait, but you said that you're the last Greyskull" said Adora "does that mean that your father is..."

"He's dead"

Adora felt heartbroken, her little brother had died and they would not have the chance to meet each other.

"His personal ship exploded when he was returning from visiting the family plot in Kritis, he survived a couple of days after that but the doctor couldn't save his life. My mother died after my birth so I became king when I was still a toddler" said the young king, sadly.

"Wait, that means that you are our nephew!" said Kyle.

"I guess so" said the king, shyly. He was definitely still a kid.

Adora followed her instincts and hugged him.

"You're not alone anymore" said.

The king's eyes got filled by tears as he hugged his aunt back.

"Your majesty-"

The king interrupted Kyle mid-sentence.

"My family can call me by my name"

"We'll do as soon as we know your name, dork" replied Catra.

"Your servant is not very polite" pointed out the king.

"I'm not her servant!" said Catra "my name is Catra"

"Actually, this is my wife" said Adora "C’yra of D’riluth and Pawland, princess of Purrsia"

"But I prefer Catra, thanks" said the magicat.

"I'm Kyle" said the older blond "Well, my birth name is A-Adam but I prefer Kyle"

"Are you married too?" asked the teenager. He was pretty adorable.

"No, but I have a boyfriend and we have a baby" replied Kyle, blushing.

"Oh! Then you know how that feels"

"Having a baby? Yes, but I got a c-section though"

"No, not that" replied the king.

"Then what?" asked Kyle.

"The warmth of the king" said the youngest.

"What's that?" asked Adora.

It was the heat, they called it like that when it happened to men. It turns out that the princess heat wasn't just a princess thing but it was a royalty trait.

"So, dork, what's your name? Seriously if you don't tell me your name I'm calling you Adora Junior, you two are identical" said Catra.

"Oh, right. My name is Miro"