Memories From The Past

Crossing the portal was the easy part, but they weren't expecting to find what they found. They had been ready to fight a war or to find an enormous village, but it was something more like the Whispering Woods. No soul to be seen, they didn't even hear the birds.

"Okay, let's agree that this is creepy" said Catra "I thought that we would find a city or something like that"

"Yes, me too" said Adora "but maybe it is hidden"

"Or under a protective spell" said Kyle "they probably have sorcerers too"

"Yes, but how do we find your father?"

Adora looked around and saw something in between the vegetation.

"Look, this says 'way' in the first ones' language. I say we take this way"

"Ok wait, what if we get lost? The access to the portal is here, anyone could find it or use it" said Catra with a hand on her hip.

"Catra, we have to try" insisted Adora.

Rogelio spoke then.

"What? But you cannot stay here alone, it's not fair" protested Kyle.

Rogelio licked his cheek in a loving way and made it clear that he was staying to protect the portal, no room for negotiations.

"Okay, big guy" said Catra "and also smart move, you have avoided to meet your father-in-law".

Rogelio blushed in blue, but everyone ignored it. Catra and Adora waited for a few minutes so Kyle and Rogelio could say goodbye privately. When the blond returned his face couldn't hide the happiness and excitement that their little make out session had caused in him. They made it to a clear where they were ambushed by multiple soldiers.
.
.
.
.
(flashback)

"I love you"

"The baby is mine, right?"

"I am not sure, but every time I sleep with him I use protection without his knowledge. As soon as he's dead we will be together, my love" replied the woman, suggestive despite of her obvious pregnancy, with her blond hair tied back.

"What will you do if the baby is his? After he's dead it will be the heir"

"He will be gone soon and for the baby... If is his I will kill him too. It won't be difficult, babies die all the time"

"And we will have access to the swords" said the man, greedily.

"No, I will have access to them, but you will be my very spoiled husband" replied the woman.

.
.
.
.

"The king is sick, your majesty" announced the doctor.

Marlena was crying her eyes out.

"This cannot be real, he doesn't even know his child!"

"I'm sorry, your majesty"

.
.
.
.

As soon as her husband left the room she looked at the crib, her body filled with disgust. Not only the kids were her husband's but they were also twins. Getting rid of a baby would be easy, but getting rid of you would be suspicious. But all her fears calmed down when she was told that one of the kids was a girl, and she knew that she could get rid of that one easily.
.
.
.
.

The kingdom wasn't the safest one, but it wasn't the most dangerous either, however when twins arrived the existence of one of them wasn't to be revealed until way later, and thankfully everyone agreed in giving the boy the spot of the heir despite of being the youngest, because if they had given it to the girl Marlena knew that they would be stressing her with the 'responsibility' of giving the kingdom a fair heir, if only they knew... Randor insisted in names from his family for the twins and since, in Marlena's mind, they meant nothing and wouldn't be alive long enough she didn't protest or suggest another names.

Randor decided that the boy's name would be Adam and the girl's name would be Adora. Marlena instantly hated both names as much as she hated the babies.