Grayskull Twins

Kyle didn't enjoy going to Purrsia that time. Adora had made it sound extremely urgent, which had made him feel anxious and uneasy. This time Lonnie didn't join them in the adventure since she was more focused in another thing, which was her excuse for when she didn't want to go somewhere. Luckily Rogelio was by his side, and Veles slept pretty much the whole way, so he had time to think about the reasons why Adora had called him. He only expected that she wasn't angry at him for some reason, Adora had always been kind of imposing to him... And he didn't quite trust Catra. He knew that Catra wouldn't hurt him, of course, but Catra was a certified prankster and he could only hope that the two former best friends turned into wives weren't planning something like that, he hopped that they had matured enough. After all, he knew that they would be over their silly ways as soon as the twins arrived.

Twins.

Adora and him were twins.

The idea surfaced his thoughts from time to time, but he avoided the topic even for himself. He was scared to know more.

When they arrived they felt almost immediately uncomfortable as they were announced to the Queen as if they were royalty. Queens Cara and Zion didn't actually speak or pay attention to them, but Adora and Catra greeted them and invited them to a room where they would be able to talk more comfortably. Kyle knew pretty well that Adora wouldn't do anything to hurt them or Veles, but he had noticed that she was looking towards him the whole way.

Adora told them about their birth planet, about their father and her plans.

"What does it have to do with us though?" asked Kyle. Of course he understood the reason why he was there, but he didn't really get why Adora needed or wanted him to be involved.

Catra looked at him as if he was stupid. Adora looked at him doubtful before she continued talking.

"I want to know if you wish to join me in my traveling to Eternia to find our family"

"What?!" exclaimed Kyle "No, that's not safe! I have a baby!"

Rogelio roared, supportive of his words, but Adora was not having it.

"Our father is looking for us!"

"So what?" asked Kyle "Maybe he wasn't a good father at all. Have you thought about it?"

"You don't know that!"

"Neither do you! What if he's just like Horde Prime?! What if he wants to kill us or our children?! No, I am not risking my son's life just because of your hero complex!"

"I don't have a hero complex! But that man in suffering!!" yelled Adora back.

Catra and Rogelio thought at the same time the exact same thing: they had to leave them alone so they could talk without them having to listen to all their yelling. Rogelio found his way out soon since Veles decided to cry and Catra excused herself to, according to her, help Rogelio find somewhere calmer for Veles so the child could rest.

Both Adora and Kyle knew that their significant others weren't returning, so they would have to solve their conflict by themselves.