I I . 1 3 7 5 C H E R R Y W O O D L A N E

EVERY LITTLE THING
Copyright © 2020 by MischiefMaidenX

——————————

A/N: Finally the second chapter is here and I'm so sorry it took so long. I know I posted a message a couple of days ago that I was going to try to get two chapters out this week and I still intend to. The week is not over yet lovelies!

In this chapter we have an appearance of a beloved character that all of you should know. I'm curious to who you think it'll be ^_^

Plus some tender moments for Sarah.

Also there are a few more chapters to go before we get one from Adam's POV. So be patient loves, it'll happen!

Remember to vote and comment. Show me the love and your input on the story so far <3

———
I I . 1 3 7 5 C H E R R Y W O O D L A N E

S A R A H

"Whoa..." Caleb's eyes widen as he sits in the backseat of the car, gazing out the window at our new home.

"Yeah..." I reply just as unenthusiastically as I pull into the driveway, staring at the decent sized two-story house before us.

I wander my eyes, scrutinizing every fine detail of its appearance. From the peeling brown painted trim, the boarded-up windows, and the overgrown weeds—this place is a damn dump compared to the big four-bedroom house we had in New York.

While I continue to stare, I quickly grab my phone from the dashboard and make sure the address I put in is the correct one. 1375 Cherry Wood Lane. Yup, it's a match.

Letting out a frustrated growl between clenched teeth, I quickly call my realtor to figure out what is going on. The pictures that were online don't even match what I'm currently looking at. Not even a little bit.

As soon as she answers, I don't even give her a chance to greet me properly, "Candice, Sarah Garcia here, what the hell is this? The house I'm currently parked in front of looks nothing like the house from the online brochure!"

I can't believe this.

Clearly this must be a scam right? I'm sure I've seen a movie like this where the girl buys a house from an email she got. Only to find out once she sees it in person, that it's, in fact, a shit show of a shit shack.

"Really!?" Candice's voice peaks a few octaves too high, making me cringe away from my phone.

"Yes really? It's like a run down dump. You said the owners said it was in excellent condition. Move-in ready even," I mutter as I step from the car, slowly making my way around it towards the front of the house. Irritation growing with every step.

When Huxley suddenly runs past me and onto the wrap-around front porch with Caleb on his tail, I quickly reach out to grab my son's arm.

I don't feel safe at all letting him walk on it without me checking first. Hell, I don't even want to try it out.

"I'm sorry to hear this Mrs. Garcia but unfortunately all the paperwork is already completed. I'm afraid there's no going back on this. This is the gamble you take when buying a house from another state and everything is done via phone and email," she informs with just the slightest hint of sympathy in her annoyingly high pitched voice.

Of fucking course. As if things couldn't have gotten worse!

This is what I get, no deserve for moving away from my safe haven in New York and trying to be a mature adult all on my own.