I X . T E M P E R

EVERY LITTLE THING
Copyright © 2020 by MischiefMaidenX

——————————

A/N: OH MY GOD LOVELIES! I know it's been forever since I've posted an update on this story but here you go! This one was actually pretty fun to write especially at the end and I hope you enjoy it.

Also, I'm curious about what you think happened between Sarah and Adam in the past?

Anyways, here's what you've all been waiting for ^_^

Remember to vote and comment to show the love <3

——————————
I X. T E M P E R

S A R A H

I stare with irritation and constricted fists of unyielding resentment as Adam steps down the stairs to where everyone else is currently at.

How fucking dare he speak of that particular tattoo. Especially, to my son.

I raise my hand to glimpse at the matching one on my ring finger with his ludicrous initials instead and uncover a glimmer of childish satisfaction at how washed-out mine has become over the years. It's virtually unnoticeable unless you know what you're looking for.

Which by the way, Adam, don't think I didn't notice you peeking to see if I still had mine.

Sure, I could've gotten it removed or easily covered up being such a small insignificant tattoo but deep down I like having it.

Over the years, it's been a steady reminder of how he weaseled his way into my life, my family, my heart, and turned everything upside down with pettiness.

Yeah, I won't deny he weaseled his 6'5" ridiculously handsome existence into my itty-bitty heart. I honestly wish I could.

Fuck, I'd give anything to be able to say he meant absolutely nothing to me and it was easy over the years to get over him and move on. But it wasn't and was one of the hardest obstacles I'd ever have to get over in my life.

No, It wasn't until I met Christopher a few years later, that I eventually found my peace.

And maybe if I had run into Adam again over the years, I wouldn't have reacted quite this way but I'm a woman scorned and with a damaged heart. I no longer have my rock, the one who kept me whole as a person that would remind me to be a respectable human being and seek forgiveness deep down in my heart.

No, he's long gone and all that is left in me is the same Sarah from almost thirteen years ago.

The young and freshly pissed off Sarah Daniels that had ended her junior year being Miss Popular, perfect daughter, sister, girlfriend, on her way to be head cheerleader, to starting the senior year as well, none of that.

I suppose if there's one thing I could thank Adam for is helping me decide to leave for New York with no guilt and eventually meeting the love of my life.

A surge of emotions compile themselves in my throat, rendering it difficult to breathe as I think about at one time for just a smidge of a second, I thought Adam Michaelson could've been that very person for me.

I scoff out loud with a roll of my eyes.

Yeah, fucking right.

After a few 'in through the nose, out through the mouth' breathing exercises to simmer the fire deep down inside, I walk down the stairs into the kitchen where Mom and Lexie are at the counter finishing up putting together the plates of fruit, vegetables, potato salad, and all the necessary condiments for burgers and hot dogs that Dad cooked on the grill earlier.