L V . B I R T H D A Y S

EVERY LITTLE THING
Copyright © 2020 by MischiefMaidenX

——————————

Remember to vote and comment <3

——————————
L V . B I R T H D A Y S

S A R A H

'It's too soon, far too soon, for our baby girl to be arriving. Something is wrong and something very bad is happening' is the only thoughts that run through my mind as I stare wide-eyed at the linoleum floor beneath my shoes that is now soaked in a puddle of clear liquid.

You know, for someone who's given birth before and gone through this exact scenario, you'd think I'd be calmer and know what to do.

However, all I can do is just stand in place with my hands on the sides of my rounded stomach. It takes Ford giving me a gentle shake to break me from my trance as my breathing begins to pick up. I feel faint now and all I want to do is just sit down.

"Oh my, Sarah did your water just break!?" Lexie's voice rings with shock.

I don't even look up at her to answer. I can't. All I can do is stare at the floor and back at my round stomach, trying to figure out if this is really happening or if I'm hallucinating all of it.

Heck, maybe this is all a really vivid dream and my nephew hasn't even been born yet and my daughter isn't trying to share a birthday with him.

Yeah...right...

"Oh," one of the nurses finally pipes up about ten seconds too late and quickly comes to my aid as she gently pushes Ford aside.

I'm placed into a wheelchair immediately and as she talks to me, informing me she's taking me to my own room, I barely register any of it. It's not until I'm at the door that I put both hands on either side of the doorframe and turn to look over at my brother with wide eyes.

"Call Adam, now!" I shout and that's when I feel a sharp pain from my uterus.

I try to catch my breath but it comes out as a gasp instead. A contraction. The first of many.

Oh no, no, no.

This can't be seriously happening right now.

The nurse wheels me into the nearest available room which is five doors down from where my brother and Lexie are. She kindly helps me get up from the chair and I begin to undress out of my partially soaked clothing and into the hospital gown she hands me in a complete daze.

"What's going on?" I ask her as I sit on the bed with my hand on the side of my stomach. I can't feel baby girl moving and that worries me just as much. The sting of tears arises and I don't even try to hold them back at this point.

"Aww honey, is this your first baby? Everything will be okay," she pats me assuredly on the shoulder as she begins to hook me up to the monitors.

"No," I growl annoyingly through clenched teeth. "This isn't my first child and it's not fine! I'm not even seven months pregnant yet!" I yell out to her, immediately feeling guilty for snapping.