E P I L O G U E . H I S S E C O N D C H A N C E

EVERY LITTLE THING
Copyright © 2020 by MischiefMaidenX
Officially Completed September 2, 2020

——————————

Remember to vote and comment <3

——————————
E P I L O G U E . H I S S E C O N D C H A N C E

R E B E K A H

There's quite the celebration going on all around me right now. It's the middle of fall here in Clinton Hills, North Dakota, and today—is a beautiful day. The leaves all have that burnt orange and mustard yellow hues to them, symbolizing that nature is preparing for rest mode as Mom always use to say when she was still here.

God, to think it's been forty-six years since she left us. I tell you what though, it still feels like just yesterday I was curled up in my bed with Nate and Heather, mourning the loss of her.

Well, I think as I look up towards the heavens, I hope after all this time you're proud of me Mom. Also, I hope you're both at peace...since you're finally back together after all this time.

A tear runs down my cheek at losing Dad in the spring three years ago. At least at the time, he left us peacefully. Even in his own way, he made it feel not as awful losing him, simply because he kept going on about being able to finally hold her again. He was ready to go and that helped ease the pain. I still miss him though and selfishly wish he was here today to witness his only granddaughter getting married to the love of her life.

I wish they could all be here. Dad, Mom, Maria, Dean. But knowing them, they're probably up there right now all laughing about how they knew from day one that they'd become more than best friends but also a family through the love their children had for one another.

My, how right they were.

Maria and Dean's son was the biggest pain in my ass as a child, then turned into my biggest crush, and finally - the love of my life throughout the years.

Every single day, I wake up, thanking God for moving in next door to that curly-haired boy who completely changed my life over and over again. Still does to this day.

A collection of laughter pulls at my attention from across the community hall and I look up from my sitting position at the edge of the reception area where the guests of the bride and groom are seated to eat.

The wedding and reception are beautiful in theme with Sarah's favorite color, purple, as the main accent color.

Sarah is currently standing by the round table towards the corner that's set up with the three-tier cake. Her dress is beautiful with its laced sleeves and sequenced material around the skirt. The crown on her head makes me laugh because it's similar to the one that Adam had given to her years ago when they were teenagers.

Adam, that boy. I couldn't be more proud of him—the both of them actually. Those two have been through hell and back so many times but always come out stronger.

Just like we did. My Nate and I.

Sarah and Adam begin to cut the cake, laughing all the while. Of course, neither one are gentle with the other and before we all know it, it's turned into an almost food fight between the two.