X X I I I . P U P P Y D O G E Y E S

EVERY LITTLE THING
Copyright © 2020 by MischiefMaidenX

——————————

Remember to vote and comment <3

——————————
X X I I I . P U P P Y D O G E Y E S

S A R A H

"Ha! Gotcha, you little zombie mother—"

"Hey, Sarah," Dr. Pierce interrupts me on my one-woman show of dominating zombies with cute little sunflowers and bell sprouts all with the use of my thumbs. I blame Caleb, he got me hooked and now I can't stop playing whenever I have the free time.

"Yes?" I clear my throat as I look up at her from over my phone.

She smiles and juts her chin out at me.

"When you're done dominating the world via plant life, I've got your next patient."

I quirk my brow, confused because we don't have anyone scheduled for the rest of the day. She notices my expression and lets out a sigh.

"It's a walk-in. Routine check-up. The owner is a real pain in the ass. Good luck with him," she winks.

I groan to myself. Why do I have to give up world domination for some dickhead who's going to try and tell me how to do my job?

I close up the app and lock my phone before shoving it into the top drawer of my desk. I adjust the elastic on my ponytail and take a deep breath before standing. I approach the rear door of room 3 and when I grab the clipboard, I notice the name and immediately smile.

That sly ass mother—

I open the door and beam at the German Sheppard who's wagging her fluffy tail at me. She trots over to me happily. I bend over to give her kisses on top of her head and run my fingers through the fur on the back of her neck.

"Hi Freya. My sweet, sweet girl," I swoon.

"Ahem—no love for me?" Adam complains from the other side of the table. I look up at him from below my lashes and grin.

"No, she's my patient. Not you, Mr. Pain-In-My-Ass," I retort as I close the door behind me with a kick of my heeled boot.

Adam's brows raise and a smirk grows on his face as he crosses his arms over his chest. God, he looks so damn good in his sheriff's uniform with his Stetson on top of his head and his dark curls peek from underneath. Has he always looked this good?

Yes, you were just too blinded by hate to accept it.

"Hmm, well if you're into that, babe, then I'm absolutely down to be the pain in your ass," he wiggles his brows suggestively and I burst out with laughter.

"Don't you wish," I stand up straight and walk to the table, tapping the top so that Freya will jump up on it. When she does, she immediately lays down with a clink of her nails on the metal top.

I begin my exam on her, mostly to distract myself from her owner. I know she doesn't really need this exam since she just had it done a couple of months ago but what's the hurt of doing another one?