X X X V I I . H O R N Y T E E N A G E R S

EVERY LITTLE THING
Copyright © 2020 by MischiefMaidenX

——————————

Remember to vote and comment <3

——————————
X X X V I I . H O R N Y  T E E N A G E R S

S A R A H

"Unfortunately, there were no prints, aside from yours on the envelope and card - that would indicate who sent the arrangement," Drew sighs as he paces back and forth in Dad's office at the sheriff station.

Adam sits in Dad's chair, looking over the case file that has a handful of pictures of me with the same bullseye over my face. There's a grim expression about him as his green eyes narrow in as if he can figure everything out just by glancing at a picture.

"What about the video from the hospital? It showed a woman walk up to the nurse's station to deliver it," I ask, crossing my arms over my chest as I lean against the front of dad's desk in front of Penelope. She has her laptop sitting across her legs as she taps her bright red manicured nails across the keyboard.

"It's not a clear shot of whoever it is. Since they were wearing a hoodie and sunglasses. We even asked the nurse who received it and she said that she couldn't get a clear look at whoever it was, other than it was a woman," Kyle shrugs.

"Okay," Penelope pipes up with a smile on her face. "I ran through the database of the florist shop here in town - thank God for small towns since there's only one place she could've bought it from - and there was that exact arrangement purchased this morning at 7:24 a.m. However, it was with cash but you could definitely stop in there and ask the owner if they remember the person who bought it? Maybe there's a chance she wasn't all decked out in those clothes?" She shrugs as she looks at all of us individually.

"I doubt it. If it's Hailey, she'll know how to cover her tracks. She's been doing it for the last eight months," Drew shakes his head as he rubs his hand over his chin.

"Still won't hurt to go and ask," Kyle raises his brow and shrugs his shoulder.

"Then let's go," Adam suddenly stands up, pulling his keys from his pocket. I shake my head and reach over the desk to stop him.

"I'll go with Kyle. You stay here and do your job," I state and his jaw locks up as he walks around the desk to stand beside me.

"No, it's my job to make sure you're safe. I will handle it," he grits through clenched teeth as he places his hand on my lower back.

"No. Your job is to ensure the safety of the citizens of Clinton Hills county. So do that. Besides, I know the owner very well and it won't be as stressful having me and Kyle, who's dressed in normal attire, to ask her questions instead of you going in there looking like you're about to open a can of whoop-ass on anyone and everyone," I grin.

The corner of Adam's mouth rises a little and he leans in close to me, "Well, maybe I am. Someone is threatening my girl and I don't fucking appreciate it."

I scrunch up my nose and narrow my eyes playfully before poking him in the stomach. He grunts before leaning in further to place a kiss to my forehead.