X V I I . G U I L T

EVERY LITTLE THING
Copyright © 2020 by MischiefMaidenX

——————————

Remember to vote and comment <3

——————————
X V I I . G U I L T

A D A M

"I swear, she's just like her mother," Nate grumbles as he tosses his phone down on his desk after another failed call to his stubborn as hell daughter.

I sigh as I place my hands over my face with frustration. This whole thing is ludicrous.

It's been five days since the dispute at Miller's and four fucking days since anyone's really talked to or seen Sarah in person. Everyone in her family has tried calling, texting, hell even going over to her house to talk but she maintains avoiding them like the plague. The only person she's even spoken a word to, only through text, is Lexie. Even with her though, it's brief and impassive answers like she really doesn't want to talk.

Of course, that's made Lexie even more emotional because she just wants to genuinely know if her best friend is okay. Which in turn, has compelled Ford to be on edge because he's worried about her and the baby's well being.

Everyone has assured him that she and the baby are going to be fine. Lee, being Lee, suggested keeping her distracted so she'd stop freaking out about the situation with Sarah. Which means, Ford is now thoroughly worn the fuck out.

"I don't think I can go another round man, my dick is going to break off and I swear I can hear my balls screaming for help," he'd literally cried to me yesterday when he came by to see if Nate had managed to get a hold of Sarah yet.

Usually, I'd laugh and maybe even envy the guy because hey, at least one of us is getting some, but I know the man needs a break. I seriously want to kick Lee in the ass now for suggesting that as a way to keep Lexie preoccupied.

"Something has to give," Nate exasperates as he knots his fingers through his hair. "I don't even think Bex would give me the silent treatment this long when she's her angriest since we've been married. And trust me, I've been on the receiving end of that plenty of times," Nate assures no one and tilts back in his chair with a scowl.

I lower my hands and stare at him with remorse. To him, to all of them, it's like a damn family member has died and they're all feeling the pain of loss. The shitty part is, she's not even dead but yet still refuses to even acknowledge their existence.

Come on Sarah, when are you going to forgive them for what was said and done? They're your family for Christ's sake.

I wasn't too ecstatic when I found out what was said to her by Jackson when I wasn't there. I understand he was defending me but he didn't have to make her feel like she wasn't entitled to her feelings about me because she absolutely is.

It made her, in the end, feel like whatever she said, what she felt about anything, not just me, didn't matter to either of them when in all honesty, that couldn't be further from the truth.

I've seen first hand how much they all cherish her as a member of their family.

Fuck, I've heard countless times about how she is the miracle child between Bex and Nate. That through their rekindling relationship and love, they created her. Sarah is so special to the two of them and I just wish she would see that, believe it even.