L I . S H O W D O W N

EVERY LITTLE THING
Copyright © 2020 by MischiefMaidenX

——————————

Remember to vote and comment <3

——————————
L I . S H O W D O W N

S A R A H

"Momma, stop..." I whine as Mom adjusts my pillows behind me for the millionth time. With a little too much force, she then straightens out my sheets and when I'm done complaining, she gives me a pointed look. Her perfect brow rising, challenging me to protest further.

"Listen here young lady, I didn't get to experience any of this like helping you out while you were pregnant with Caleb. So let me have this," she huffs and sits down in the chair next to me with a thud.

Guilt for that invades me and I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, Momma. I know you're excited." I reach over to put my hand on hers that's been absentmindedly messing with the bouquet of flowers Ford and Lexie brought me as it rests on my end table. She side glances me and gives me a crooked smile.

"I really am, baby. You know, it's all so exciting. Both you and Lexie being pregnant at the same time. A similar situation happened between your aunt and me when I was pregnant with Ford." She beams.

"I know. I figured that out a long time ago when Ford and Milena's birthday was only a few weeks apart," I giggle and give her hand a little squeeze.

"So," she edges closer in her seat. "What do you think the gender of the baby is?"

I laugh with pure amusement at the wonderous expression on her face. Her blue eyes are bright and glistening.

"I'm not sure right now. Hard to tell," I shrug.

"Well, what about a preference? Maybe a girl since you've already got the boys?"

"A girl would be nice," I smile, remembering how much I wanted to have a little girl when Caleb was younger. "But honestly, I just want a healthy baby."

The thought of what happened the last time I was pregnant enters my mind and I feel myself becoming nauseous. I begin to play absentmindedly with the edge of my hospital blanket and Mom rests her hand over mine.

"Sarah, sweetheart, everything will be fine," she gives me a knowing look. "Don't stress yourself over what happened months ago. It doesn't mean it'll happen again."

"I know, Momma but I can't help it. Since the moment I found out, I keep thinking about it and worry—just waiting to go through that all over again. It's so heartbreaking to try for years, only to lose the little bit of hope you got in the end."

"And that's why this pregnancy is considered high risk and why you should take it easy. So just relax," she stands up and leans over to kiss the top of my head. "And think happy hopeful thoughts. You've got all of us here with you for support and whatever help you need to make this all as easy as possible."

"Thank you," I smile up at her and wrap my right arm around her waist in a hug like I would do when I was little. "I love you, Momma."

"I love you too my sweet girl."

The door to my room opens up and Dad walks in with a hospital food tray balanced on his hand. He grins at the two of us and places it on the tray next to my bed.