Prologue~ S1

Dark...
That was the only thing Ι could see. Then Ι could hear a voice calling me, a deep, gentle voice calling my name.

"Sora... Look for me!"

I didn't know where it came from nor to whom did it belong. Who was he? I tried to concentrate in the dark. Then I saw it. A dark male figure with a pair of wings emerging from his back. Such big wings... He was reaching out his arm as if he wanted me to touch him. That I tried, but couldn't feel anything. Just emptiness. I tried to focus on his characteristics to make out his face but they were missing. His face was dark, almost non-existent. Immediately, I stiffened. Then again his voice echoed:

"Listen to me, I came here to warn you..."

Suddenly Ι felt a wet presence on my forehead that cut out my dream.

"Wake up sleepy head! You're gonna be late!"

I opened my eyes although I was feeling my eyelids heavy. Above me were standing my one and beloved brother... half-naked. For God's sake! But that's just how Aaron was, I wouldn't change him for anything even though he could be annoying sometimes.

"Aaron! How many times do I have to tell you to NOT stand above me when you're all wet!"

I shouted annoyed wiping my face. He always, always does that, no matter how many times I tell him not to. He gave me his usual half smile and stroked that messy wet blonde hair out of his face plashing me again. He laughed.

"Ok! Got it! Got it! Sorry!"

I glared at him. I knew he hadn't understood it, not even a little. Sometimes he seriously made me wonder if he really was two years older.

"You always have the same reply you know! And go put some clothes on! God..."

I scolded him and quickly got up. I looked at the clock.

'Date: Saturday 19th of April'

'Time: 8:00'

There was no way he woke me up on Saturday. I'm going to kill him! What person that has no responsibilities wakes up this early on a Saturday morning!? Frustrated I let out a sigh and ran to the bathroom where I was sure to find him.

"Hey Aaron! Do you know what day is it? Guess what? Saturday! And you woke me up that early.... ON A SATURDAY MORNING! Could you please tell me what were you thinkin-"

As I got into the bathroom, I froze. The sight before me freaked me out. His back, his naked back had two huge open wounds. They looked fresh like there were caused by a knife and the blood was coursing down his spine like a river.

"A-aron... what the hell are those?"

I asked trembling. He turned around to my voice completely calm like he had no idea of what I was talking about.

"Hm? Did something happen?"

A lot were happening! I quickly opened the drawers to take some bandages. How can he not feel anything at all? His back was literally open. His bone was inches away from appearing. His muscles, his torn out flesh, everything were so frightening clear. I needed to do something.

"Sora, you're scaring me! What do you need the bandages for? Are you hurt? Let me see..."

He was completely clueless.

"You're the one that's hurt, idiot!" I shouted panicked.

"What? Me? No, I'm not."

"Yes you are! Look at your back! It's full of blood!"

He turned slowly his back to the mirror and looked concerned at his reflection.

"Eh... Do you have a fever or something? My back is perfectly fine..."

No it was not! I knew what I saw. I abruptly turned him towards me and was left speechless. It couldn't be...

What happened to the wounds? Where was all the blood? You've got to be kidding me... It really was perfectly fine!

"No... No... You were hurt Aaron! I saw it!"

I thought I would go mad. There was really the possibility of me imagining something like this? But no, my eyes weren't fooling me. He gently placed the palm of his hand to my forehead peering at me.

"Woah! You actually do have a fever!"

"I don't! You're just too cold! I SWEAR you had two wounds on your back!"

Then I remembered the dream I had. That weird dream with an Angel... if he was an angel...

No, that can't be true...

Aaron, you were the one with the wings? But that's not possible. I couldn't really remember what this voice had told me. The only thing I managed to remember is just one phrase: 'Look for me!'

So of course it couldn't be Aaron, I mean, I already know where he is. Without me realizing it, he had already held me up and laid me on the bed with the covers up enough to cover my entire body.

"Stay in bed for today. And don't you dare get up, am I clear baby girl? I'll make you some tea".

He said and left my room. He couldn't be seriously thinking that I had a fever! I snatched the thermometer from my nightstand and used it.

36,6 CΟ

Of course I was right. I guess it's about time for me to disobey my brother and I didn't used to. Aaron most of the time was right about things.

I stood up and went down the stairs.

"Aaron! I don't have a fever, I checked it. On the other hand you might have one!"

I ran up to him who was standing in the kitchen table talking to someone. I didn't know who he was though and he didn't remind me of anyone I knew. I hid behind a nearby wall to listen to what they were talking about. I was so lucky that they talked loud enough for me to hear.

"Ilay, her awakening has started way too early than I thought it would... For a second she could see my wing marks! What should I do?"

Aaron was always so calm about everything but this time he sounded different. He looked somehow unprepared and that was enough for me to understand that something was troubling him.

"No, you're probably wrong...She hasn't turned eighteen yet."

"I know! That's why I'm surprised"

"This is bad man... If this continues, Nathanael will find her right off the bat! You did good protecting her all those years... Now you have to hand her over to me!"

"Wait, what? There is no way I could! You already know that I can't keep calm knowing that she is under someone else's care. Please Ilay! I'll protect her, I promise just... don't take her away!"

For whom were they talking about? What wings? What awakening? Who is Nathanael? What exactly was going on behind my back?!

I needed to know!