NATHAN~28

"Do you understand me?" I asked after I explained what I needed her to do.

"Stay silent and wait for your call to come out. Got it".

I smiled at her and brushed her hair. I was glad that she didn't ask any questions about what happened earlier. What was I thinking? It felt right then but now that I'm thinking about it... how greedy was I. The moment I did that, a severe headache stroke me. I used to have a problem with that and it had stopped for some time, until now. That was something Violet couldn't quite understand or explain. We, tribe children, don't get headaches.

I was about to walk away to meet the others but her voice stopped me.

"Nathan... how's your head? Better?"

Not at all but I couldn't let her worry about me. That was not the time.

"Yeah", I simply answered and with a last glance I walked towards the front garden.

I didn't wait at all. Rene was sitting on a branch holding an ice bag to her head. Not to mention how many new bruises she had. I approached her concerned.

"Wow you look quite nice Rene. Isn't this a General for you" I smirked thinking that I haven't seen Rene beaten up like this for a long time.

"Yeah, it's good to see you too Nathan. It seems your roommate beat me black and blue. He's so lucky that I wasn't allowed to fight like a sun child".

"What? Ian did this to you?"

I really was holding back my laugh right now. That kid, he was something else. She glared at me.

"What part of "your roommate" didn't you understand?"

"Well, he is a lot taller than you, also, he has some muscles..."

"Honestly Nathan, I didn't need you to tell me all that. I figured myself".

"How did you tangle with him in the first place?"

"Isn't a girl allowed to be interested in martial arts? Yes I take some art classes but I also train".

I lifted my shoulders and gave her my hand to stand.

"Makes sense".

She accepted it with a sigh and stretched her body.

"Anyway, you'll be so grateful to me today, guys come on out we have a long chat to do", she said and a whole army approached us from the front door of the Academy.

My eyes opened wide in surprise. I noticed children from all three tribes gathering with some familiar faces in between them.

"Oh my God Rene..." I exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah, you can thank me later".

I spotted Samuel along with Luna, Suzanne was also here looking at the sky as usual, even some children from my tribe. Violet and Eleanor were also here along with some sun children that I've never met before. I felt Rene's weight on my shoulders.

"Well, are these enough allies for you?"

"More than enough. I was thinking about five or six but... are there really so many of you who oppose to my father? I mean, even Samuel!"

He glared at me the moment I mentioned his name.

"Don't get me wrong Nathanael, I just like you more than your father".

Luna hit him with her elbow and the glare transferred to her.

"Okay what did I do wrong this time?"