CLAIRE~37

I knew this would happen. Violet had told me that to use healing magic I needed to provide my life energy. It was only natural that I'd pass out after using so much to heal Nathan's wings. It was worth it. I'm sure Nathan would have it much easier now. It took me some time but then I realized that Nathan's life energy has worn off because he had healed my father while I was asleep. I should have figured that earlier, my dad this morning looked so much different and not a single cough escaped his lips. He looked so livelier. I owned the world to him for what he did and giving him back his wings was not enough to show him my gratitude.

I felt a sweet, soothing breeze embracing my body. My energy was restoring, I could feel it a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. My eyelids flickered and eventually slowly opened. Everything was blurry at first but when everything cleared out, my heart skipped a bit. I was in a very bright place, inside a lake. White and purple flowers were scattered around the lake while sky was painted in shades of soft blue and purple. I could discern one or two pink clouds passing in front of the giant full moon above me. I rubbed my eyes to make sure that this was real and then a familiar voice distracted me.

"Hey there"

I lowered my gaze from the sky to see Nathan sitting near me with one hand resting on his knee and his black wings unfolded, looking more handsome than ever. I noticed that he was injured with the edge of his lips newly healed and a bandage wrapped around his ribs. Immediately I swam towards him.

"What happened?"

"Just a fight between siblings, nothing more. More importantly, how are you feeling?"

"Much better, thank you".

"Yeah I know, the Moon Temple does miracles".

I took a deep breath.

"Come closer to me" I asked and he looked at me concerned doing as told.

Gently I placed my hand on his wound and a purple light started appearing. Even if I used my life energy for this, it was very few and was restored immediately thanks to the water I still was in. Nathan didn't speak a word. He just closed his eyes in relief. I took off his bandage and checked to see if it was healed. I smiled.

"There, as good as new". I turned my back to him and only then I realized that I was completely naked.

My cheeks flashed. Why didn't I realize it sooner? I quickly hid my chest with my hair. This was so dumb of me. I was acting like I hadn't fallen on him with a bare towel a month ago. I took a deep breath and spoke the words that tortured me.

"Why didn't you tell me that you had a fiancé?"

I heard a splash behind me and the edges of his wings appeared from my sides. He wrapped his hands around my waist and leaned on my ear.

"Because I don't. I never got engaged to Ailith and never agreed on it. It was just my father who desired to have me under his control but didn't succeed. So please don't misunderstand it'll always be you".

He placed his fingers under my chin and made me face him. I couldn't help but drown in his ocean. However he looked like, even with drained blood on his lips, he had the same unexceptionable beauty. My eyes followed his wings. They were so big that they could fit three people in their embrace and they weren't fully spread. Hesitantly I reached my hand to touch his feathers. They looked so fragile and soft and indeed they were. It was like touching the wings of a baby bird. I noticed some of them shiver at my touch and thought that I hurt him. Just as I was about to apologize Nathan pulled me closer and locked our lips while taking off my glasses.