CLAIRE~31

I reached the gate as soon as I woke up. My things were ready from yesterday and I only put on some clothes. Outside weather gave you the impression that it was a warm morning but it was pretty chilly actually. Winter was on his way to Solas na Ghel and the trees' leaves were starting to be painted in autumn shades, some of them even falling. The roses that decorated the gate also started to wither which some people might consider morbid. For me though, still life had its own beauty.

A cold breeze brushed my face as I approached Nathan who was resting on Phillips car. He wore only a white t-shirt and a pair of ripped black jeans. No coat.

"Aren't you cold Nathan?" I smiled.

"Cold? What do you mean? Have you visited my realm? This weather seems like summer to me. It's sunny too, very few clouds".

"Still chilly though..." I said rubbing my arms.

He returned my smile approaching me and handed me a cup.

"Here, took it from the dining hall. It's tea. I also snatched some croissants. You think those will hold you?"

I took it in my hands and smelled it. Fruits of the forest. It looked so good but I knew that I'll probably burn myself if I drank it without letting it cool.

"Thanks".

I got into the car and took of my coat. Soon enough Nathan appeared in the driver's seat next to me. I left my bag on the backseat next to Nathan's and got comfortable in my seat leaving the cap on the case Phillip's car had. Nathan put his belt on.

"So, where are we going?" he asked turning on the car.

"On a small town called Angelmire, do you know it?"

Nathan looked surprised.

"You see, that's funny because I used to go to Angelmire due to the beautiful sceneries that town has. I mean, the town is near the sea but also near a forest, has an awesome sunset scene too".

I found myself getting excited.

"I know right? Isn't it beautiful? Each season that passes through Angelmire brings along thousands new sceneries that painters love to draw. It isn't called the town of art just by chance!"

Nathan started moving the car.

"Yeah, I totally get it. There are the colorful houses too. Each house has each own color. If it were me, I'd call it town of colors. Do you know how many masterpieces I have created thanks to Angelmire?"

"No, I don't. You may be a tribe child Nathan but you sure like to draw".

"Look, I admire colors and art because back at my Realm the colors that prevail are grey, black and white. So I filled my chamber with colorful artwork just to crush the monotone. I'm so happy that I get to go there again".

Nathan's face was sparkling from his enthusiasm. I'm not sure if I had seen him that happy again. I knew he had so many things in mind and I really felt blessed to be able to chase some weight out of his shoulders. I had us capable of talking about colors and sceneries for hours and even though I loved that topic I was curious about us.

"Say Nathan, how did you first met me? And I don't mean in this life but in my first life ever".

His features slightly darkened.

"It's quite the story actually..."

"Is it a bad one?" I asked troubled.

"Kind of".

"Mind telling it to me?"

"Well, you actually were again a citizen of Angelmire. At that time I was fed up with my father and sister and I had flown down to Angelmire's beach to calm myself down. I used to do that quite often when I had my wings and sometimes I even lied down on the trees and sketched to calm my anger or sadness. Without letting anyone know of course. That day, as I was approaching the land, I noticed a girl walking into the sea wearing a white dress. I stood there startled because at this kind of hour the beach should've been empty. It was like four in the morning? The girl didn't seem to notice me flying above her and she kept walking into the sea with tears rolling down her eyes and a silent sob. I didn't know what was wrong, or why her lips were dripping blood what I knew was that I needed to keep my distance from humans. I decided to ignore her but then see disappeared from my sight. The sea had swollen her. Instinctively I dived down and then I noticed that she had tied weights around her ankles. Immediately I lifted her up with the help of my wings which could be considered the strongest among the eclipse children. Once I got her out of the water the sky lit up and she changed into a moon child for a couple of seconds. It turned out that she was a moon child whose soul instead of turning into a shadow hound after her fall from the Heavens, it turned into a human. A devastated human being associated even with the underworld. A bad prostitute as she said to me later. I laid her on the sand and performed mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Once she woke up and show my wings she moved away from me.