CLAIRE~27

"So? How do I look?" Hayley asked me excited.

I was sitting on my bed for the past one and a half hour waiting for a chance to read the book I've gotten from the library but I ended up helping Hayley to find an outfit for the party. This time she was wearing a green skirt and a violet knitted top while her wrists were full on colorful bracelets. Her eye contacts now were orange and matched with her headband.

"Hayley, honestly whatever you wear my answer would be the same. You look brilliant in everything. I almost cannot decide which suits you best".

She sat next to me and peeked on my face.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?"

I gently nodded.

"I've kind of got plans..." I admitted.

"Wait, what plans? At this kind of hour? With who? It's a guy, isn't it? Way to go Claire!"

For some reason she was more happy than me. I couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm.

"It's not what you think. I've just agreed on meeting Nathan".

"Oh wow! Are you talking about THE Nathan? Oh my God he finally agreed that he has a crush on you?"

I looked at her troubled.

"Wait what? No. It's not that. Nathan's never going to have a crush on me, believe me".

She gazed at me as if she was about to scold me.

"Do you seriously believe that crap? Nathan's head over the heels for you. You just haven't noticed the way he looks at you. Trust Hayley, she knows best".

"In fact, he wanted to show me something..."

I couldn't possibly tell her that this was all a supernatural thing that had nothing to do with romance.

"Oh he sure wants. Like maybe his skills on bed? Come on Claire. It's almost half past eleven, either he's going to confess to you or do you. Really, you don't have a clue about guys. I can't even believe that you actually worked as a striper".

Yeah, confess something really dark about the war that's about to break. I couldn't blame her, everyone would misunderstand this.

"Now that I mentioned Nathan, he was the one you were dreaming about earlier today, wasn't he?"

My cheeks flushed. I had completely forgotten about that dream. There was so much going on about the tribes and me being a moon child, of course I'd forget.

"No, it was not him..."

"Yeah right! Keep saying that to yourself. If not the angel like guy, then who? It's fine Claire, I ship you two either way. Well, I'm off".

She stood up and took her orange bag.

"The room will be empty till morning if you need it". She winked at me and opened the door.

"Hayley!" I was only able to say before she disappears on the corridor.

I let out a sigh and took the book in my hands. I wanted to learn about each tribe but this brief moment I wanted to learn more about Nathan. I had approximately twenty minutes. The usual question appeared at the blank page but this time I picked Eclipse Tribe. Just as I thought that the characteristics were about to appear a different question was written.

Curious about Nathanael, aren't you Sora?

I flinched. The book knew. I shouldn't be surprised, Nathan said it knows everything.