Prologue~N5

"What the hell were you thinking Laylath?", I shouted furiously at my older sister who was sitting as usual on the roof of the castle.

"What am I doing? Your job of course!", she responded aggressively.

"It isn't my job to kill her!"

"Yet..."

Her cold voice echoed along with the sound of the air.

"That way would be easier for us to get what father asked for!"

"By killing her? I clearly prefer killing that idiot, Ilay, and his little dog Aaron instead of her!"

"But she is on their side!"

"We will take her to ours then without following the orders of that bastard!"

She laughed.

"You have outrageous expectations brother. We both know that the thought of a different way from his, is out of the question. You saw what happened the last time you disobeyed him!"

Without my will, memories of what I endured ten years ago made their appearance on my mind. Things I was trying to forget. All the pain, the despair, the screams... those were things that didn't feet me... I frowned while kicking a small rock off the roof. It fell into the void.

"Who cares about that, there's nothing left for him to do to me! The only think that's left is killing me, something that concerns you a lot. With me dead you'll be the only heiress left.

She smiled proudly.

"I can't argue with that..."

"In any case you, my sister, haven't got anything to be afraid of. You always were his favorite, his weakness, he could never hurt you... Me on the other side, he will be laughing as he sucks my life out of my chest".

"You know why that happened, don't you Nathan?"

"Why? Because I happened to be born with a soul unlike you? Because I happened to take this from mom?"

"That's exactly the reason!"

"Let me tell you something! I'm proud of my sensitivity! I'm proud that I inherited mom's ability to feel! I could never imagine myself as a heartless and flinty monster!"

"And that's exactly why you'll always fail... That's exactly why you'll die just like her! No one will cry for you, no one will care, no one will remember you. Everyone will be glad with your loss. At least I'll make sure about that!"

"Watch your mouth while addressing mother, she is the one that gave birth to you!"

"Yes but father raised us!"

"If that monster hadn't killed her because she protected me instead of the throne, she would be able to raise us as well!"

She stood up furious. I must have provoked her because I felt my eye color changing into this deep sparkly blue. This deep blaze was always appearing, especially when I was emotionally charged.

"It would be better to let you die. Now I would have been relished from your unbearable babbling and I would have the throne right into my pocket. Contrary to that, I ended up having you in my way. Go on! Follow your plan, you will be doing me a favor! And don't you dare, I repeat, don't you dare shine those eyes to me ever again or else, you will be sorry!", she threatened me before spreading her black wings and flying to the horizon.

I sighted. Her wings were the only thing I was envious of. Those and her ability to fly. I jumped down in front of the lake and looked at my reflection on the water. I was a mess...