NATHAN~18

I couldn't stop looking at it... It was almost like she had seen my wings, which wasn't entirely a lie. She indeed had seen my wings in the past. But now, she couldn't even remember my face. I found myself tearing up at her drawing. God I missed my wings so bad. I miss the times when they weren't a burden. I miss the times when they didn't hurt. I had to pull myself together. I was sweaty and still covered by a bare tunic. God, posing was so difficult. I'm glad I pleased her though. She did tell me that she wanted someday to draw me. I quickly changed into my school uniform and was about to put that drawing in my bag when someone took it from my hands. I tried to hold down my urge to attack. This was school.

"Isn't that Claire's work?"

"Aaron I swear to the Moon if you don't give that back right now, you're going to regret it". I threatened.

He laughed.

"How did your injuries heal that quickly? Tell me that and I will give it back".

There was no way I was going to tell him about the towel I owned. If the Sun Tribe found that out, it would be a problem.

"Did you forget that I am a supernatural creature? It is only natural for me to heal that quickly. You should know that". I lied glaring at him.

He nodded in denial.

"You're lying to me Nathan. Also what's so great about that drawing? Oh... I get it. You're missing your wings, aren't you?"

I hated that pity of his. He made it so clear that he was enjoying my misery.

"That's none of your business!" I shouted furious.

"Then there's something else? Maybe you aren't interested in the drawing but the painter? She's so talented, to think that she completely ignored me even though her assignment was me... how frustrating".

I felt my eyes glowing.

"No, it has nothing to do with Claire. As you said, I just liked the job she did".

Lies. Lies. Thank God I was born in the Eclipse Tribe. The Moon Tribe couldn't tell any lies. I would sure have a problem if I was entirely a moon child.

"If you insist... Here is your precious drawing". He said blandly handing me the drawing but as I was about to take it, his hand inflamed.

"No!" I exclaimed grapping it from him to save it from his flames.

He laughed delighted.

"Oops. My flames escaped. I'm so sorry".

I immediately put it out using my magic. An icy breeze left my fingers and luckily fire didn't get around to burning it. This magic... I so desperately wanted to hide it from my father. Aaron didn't seem to notice it nor would I let him do. I shoved it in my bag and attacked strangling him against a nearby wall.  I caught him off guard.

"Don't you ever dare to do something like this in front of me ever again. Have you no shame? She put so much effort into it, you can't just ruin it with your disgusting flames because you felt like it!"

"So it is about Claire! How interesting. The Nathanael who always was devoted to Sora actually can be attracted to other females! Too bad you chose the wrong girl to mess with". He struggled to say keeping up with his poisonous irony.

"That's my line. You're just jealous that she would never choose you. Even after playing the role of the good and caring brother to her, she still chose me! What's your plan? Are you going to pull the same trick with Maddie? Brandon is acting as her brother, isn't he? I can tell this much. Well, funny fact, Maddie is not the girl you're looking for.  You're wasting your time! How useless can you all be! It's tragic".