NATHAN~14

I walked into my empty room and stood in front of the mirror. Reluctantly I glanced at my reflection just to see in what mess I had gotten myself into. I touched my almost burnt chest and a sharp pain ran through my body. This sucked. How was I supposed to clean this up? I breathed out soundly and headed for my wardrobe. I opened it in search for the towel my mother held me in when I was still a baby. My wings were so small back then and the towel was huge but now it could only cover my hips. I had it hidden because I wouldn't want Laylath running into it. I unfolded it carefully because the material that it was made out of was extremely rare and vulnerable. Moon silk with moon silver dust straight from the Moon Realm. It was Violet's wedding gift. I only used it due to its healing powers and when I absolutely needed to. With soft moves I cleaned my wounds quite quickly but the major problem was my wing cracks.

Weather I liked it or not I had to spread my wings to check how much damage I had endured. For a second I thought that the room would be too small for my wings but then I remembered that they were destroyed. I let out a sigh as I uncurled my wings and I was startled. Ilay's blood was all over them but of course I didn't feel a thing. They had turned completely numb. I could still feel the pain in few places but that was just it. I tolerated it. I knew exactly what I had to do so I walked to our balcony. I stood there and flapped the remained wing skeleton. Ilay's blood luckily was shaken off.

"Good God!" I reacted at the pain this plain flap had caused me.

At least I could still move them. A wave of relief flooded me in. Then a soft voice echoed.

"Nathan..."

I turned around to face a very familiar person. She was standing on the balcony rails with her long dark hair casually on her shoulders and her slant dark grey eyes looking straight into mine. Her wings were so beautiful and glossy, as always making me envious of them.

"Ailith..."

A very loyal and good soldier. The woman my dad had decided for me. She approached me with grace, her long black dress showing up her curves. Her cold fingers touched my chest and specifically my wounds.

"You're hurt".

I looked away.

"It's nothing, I'm recovering. More importantly, what brings you here?"

"Your father asked me..."

I immediately cut off her words.

"He asked you to spy on me? If that's the case then I must ask you to leave and tell my father that I'm not his fucking pawn".

Due to her family connections with my father, she was the number one choice for my dad to send if he wanted to reach me. She looked away troubled.

"Is it true? Sora showed up?"

I froze at her words. I should have thought that her awakening would send out a wave.

"That's none of your business". I responded fiercely.

She caressed my shoulders.

"I'm not here to argue with you, you know that. I'm just..."

"Following orders, I know. Tell my dad that I have no idea what he's talking about. I didn't sense a damn thing".

Lies. I sensed it. More than anyone but I just couldn't let her get wrapped in this mess again. I would figure something out, I just needed time.

"Nathan, don't lie to me. I know you since you were just a little boy. I know you're protecting her but please think about your world for once in your life. We need a new king. It's chaos up there".