CLAIRE~21

Rene rushed into the dorms pulling me with her. She ran so fast that I couldn't keep up. Well, she is a Tribe General after all... If she could ran this fast, I can't imagine how much speed she could reach with her wings. We stood outside a door. I didn't even have the time to count the floors. In which floor was I?

"Suzanne, I'm coming in". Rene said opening the door.

The sunlight that filled the room blinded me. Was the Sun Tribe located in such rooms on purpose? It would make sense. Rene's hair shined brightly and her skin sparkled like sand. So was the girl sitting on the bed. What surprised me, was her beauty. Her hair contradict to Rene's were so long that would reach her hips if she stood up, done in a side loose ponytail while her eyelids were so lowered that she could be mistaken for being sleepy. Her eyelashes were so dense and long that looked like they were fake, although it was obvious they weren't. That gave off a relaxed and at the same time innocent aura. She looked at Rene as if she was a newborn baby. Her pink lips half open confirming her surprise but her gaze remained glassy...

"Suzanne, how many times do I have to tell you not to look straight at the Sun? You'll hurt those pretty eyes of yours". Rene said wiping some tears that had escaped Suzanne's eyes.

She looked down apologetically.

"Father was calling..." she said in a soft voice and Rene sighed.

"No, Father was not calling. Seriously, what's with you? Anyway, this is Claire, come on, greet her..."

Suzanne looked straight into my eyes and for a second I thought she was reading my soul. I gasped. She stood up from her bed, her long white casual dress going down her feet and approached me with the curiosity of a child. Her hand reached for my face and I took a few steps back unconsciously. Rene laughed.

"Don't worry, she just wants to inspect you. You see, she likes beautiful people".

I smiled relieved and eventually let her caress my cheek. Her hand was warm. She was kind of weird but I didn't dislike that. Her touch was so gentle, a person with so kind hands could not be bad.

"Nice to meet you..." I muttered but she continued touching my face as if it was some kind of jewel.

"Oh... you're her..." she exclaimed moving away from me.

I looked at her concerned. She knew me too?

"You're quite famous. Don't mind her, she's not much of a talker but I swear she is the most kind-hearted girl you'll ever meet in the Sun Tribe. She has the innocence of a child and the strength of a grown man, I'm actually training her. She just recently joined the army but she won't hurt a fly. Suzanne, are you listening? You're giving me a hard time!" She joked but Suzanne ignored her entirely.

She once again gazed at the Sun, enchanted. What an interesting person...

Rene nudged me with her elbow and leaned to my ear.

"I should have told you before but I completely forgot. She is actually chosen to be Aaron's fiancé but she is terrified of him. She once caught him torturing and from then on she completely loses it even at the sound of his name. So avoid mentioning him, will you?"

"I didn't intend to. Thanks for telling me though..."

She smiled.

"Good. Now, Suzanne, you better put on your uniform, our class starts in about fifteen minutes, Scott will scold us if we're late on our first lesson".

Suzanne mechanically stood up and started undressing. She didn't mind at all. I noticed her tribe hallmark on the back of her waist, slightly above her butt.