CLAIRE~35

My heart was beating faster than ever. The sea underneath the transparent water cloud looked now like a pool while I couldn't even distinguish the cars from the trees. That was terrifying. What if I fall? I don't have wings and certainly don't know if my concentration would last due to my fear. I tightened Nathan's hand in mine to get strength and stopped looking down because that'll only make things worse for me. I had to reach his Realm as soon as possible, especially now that he had felt unconscious. What would happen to him if I wasn't there in time? The deity in my awakening dream informed me that the Eclipse Tribe was located in the backside of the Moon. The side that sunlight couldn't reach. But that was in the Celestial World. How was I supposed to get to the Celestial World? How much higher should I fly?

Just when I started to panic I noticed a familiar face in between some clouds. I didn't even wait to confirm who it was.

"Oriel!" I shouted as loud as I could.

The figure stopped moving and I took the chance to approach it. As I guessed, Oriel stood there totally preoccupied. His black wings were at least two meters wide and for a moment I thought if Nathan's wings used to be that big too. His exotic eye features widened in surprise.

"Claire? What happened? Is that Nathan?" he flew closer to us and touched his forehead.

"He's burning up! Let me carry him".

"Can you take us to your Realm?" I asked worried as he settled him on his broad back.

"What did he do?"

I was not sure if I should reveal that to him or not but it was Oriel...

"He used healing magic".

"Healing magic? Nathan did? He needs to get to the Eclipse Temple right now! You can go back, I'll take care of him".

I shook my head fiercely in denial.

"Take me with you", I demanded.

"Claire no, if his father sees you there..."

"Then what? Let him see me. I don't care nor am afraid. I can even teach him one lesson or two".

He looked troubled.

"Nathan will scold me so bad if he learns I let you get in the beast's nest".

"Nathan already tried to scold me and didn't succeed. Just lead the way Oriel, please. I need to be with him".

He looked like he gave up.

"You're as stubborn as ever Sora".

I lifted my shoulders thinking that Nathan told me the exact same thing.

"Seems I was born this way".

He smiled.

"Try not to get lost".

Those were his last words before vanishing into the clouds. I quickly followed not looking back. I was surprised to see that I was just minutes away from the Eclipse Realm and felt happy that my institution wasn't that bad. A grey blue color had replaced the sky's azure color while the clouds got darker and darker. A cold breeze slapped my face the moment we reached the huge black gate that looked like a gate to the nightmare world. Oriel showed his arm and the gate opened. Just then I realized that his tribe hallmark was there.

Once he got in, the gate started closing again and I just barely made it in. I inspected the bare trees and was concerned. If the Eclipse Tribe could use the thunder, why was everything that dead here? I thought but then I remembered that rain couldn't do anything without some sunlight. At the first glance it looked like I had stepped into a poor Asian village. I noticed children running behind their mothers' backs with their tiny wings leaving some feathers behind. I noticed older people with long-suffering wings whose feathers had lost the glow newborn birds had. Mothers, fathers, siblings, couples, I could see everyone clearly and even though they shared the same features, each one had its own unique spark. I lifted my gaze and now before me I had a giant castle that resembled a castle that you were most likely to meet in Prague.