CLAIRE~25

I looked around as we entered the main building as if it was my first time seeing it. Well, I had searched two floors earlier today trying to find my class. The elegant walls were as beautiful as always and the neoclassical statues that decorated the first floor brought liveliness to the place. I also had noticed at both yards some Irish statues but those in front of me were priceless. I followed Nathan up the stairs. He knew where the headmistress's office was better than me and I was so glad that I asked for his help.

I couldn't help but inspect his handsome silhouette as he was walking in front of me. His broad back, the muscles that I could discern due to the white shirt he was wearing, his well trained arms, his long neck... Didn't thought I'd use this word to describe Nathan but he was seriously sexy. Sexy in a different and special way. To think that the wings I visualized emerging from his back earlier today might actually exist. I felt so lucky that I got to draw his bear beauty...

We stood outside a wooden detailed door and we exchanged glances. I went for knocking the door but Nathan forestalled me.

"Mrs. Jefferson? May we come in?"

I heard some paper noises coming from inside the door and then followed the severe voice of the headmistress.

"Please enter..."

She looked confused when me and Nathan walked into her office which was like an entire classroom with the difference that behind her office erected a huge bookcase. Her lips cracked into a gentle smile.

"Oh Miss Moon, Nathanael what can I do for you guys?"

I was about to talk when Nathan went back and closed the door.

"Show her Claire".

I was troubled for a second. Show her what? The tribe hallmark was not visible to mare humans. I hesitated at first but when Nathan encouragingly nodded I lifted my skirt. Mrs. Jefferson's eyes widened in surprise but then her usual friendly expression returned. She fixed her glasses on her nose bone.

"I see, what is it that you want Miss Claire?"

I was utterly confused. She didn't look like a tribe child but she could obviously see the mark. Maybe I'd try and ask Nathan about that later.

"I need permission for the restricted area of the library... It has to do with what I showed you..." I spoke cowardly.

"I understand. Nathanael, would you be kind enough to help her with what she's looking for?" she asked signing a paper.

"Most certainly Mrs. Jefferson".

"Thank you. Miss Claire, when you find what you're looking for make sure to be alone. I will only permit Nathan to be with you. Am I clear?" she explained strictly handing me the paper.

"Yes. Thanks a lot".

Her face once again softened.

"By the way how do you and your brother find your classes? Is everything fine? Anything you need perhaps? Your roommates?"

"Everything's perfect, really. I just look forward to the other classes. Ian's pretty satisfied too".

"I'm glad to hear that. Nathanael, did her brother stuck with you or did I mishear?"

Nathan smiled softly.

"Oh yeah. We're getting along well".

"Hope your sister doesn't give him a hard time..."

"I as well hope she doesn't. For the time being everything's under control and I believe Ian's not that easy to handle so he won't be falling to her dirty claws that easily".