CLAIRE~6

"No, I'm fine thank you!" I shouted back and continued walking towards the same path I got in.

"Oh but are you sure?" the guy's voice echoed again.

My anxiety had reached its limits. Who of the two was talking? Aaron or Ilay? Seriously that was the last thing that I should be concerned about right now.

"Yes thank you!" I replied quickly and started running. I just wanted to get away from him. I had a serious feeling that if he saw me he would recognize me. As I was running, I wasn't really looking where I was going and of course I bumped into a couple that was walking nearby. I fell on my butt cheeks and so did them. God that hurt a lot. And my glasses? Where were my glasses?

"I can't believe that nerve of yours!" A familiar voice echoed.

I tried to focus on the faces before me. Yes, it was that girl who accused Hayley of stealing her watch. The boy next to her that scratched his head I didn't recognize.

"I'm so sorry..." I apologized looking for my glasses.

"Oh are you searching for those?" Her gaze moved to her side and there were indeed my glasses.

"Yeah, thank-" I was about to thank her but then her short hill crashed into them.

"Maddie!" The boy scolded her.

"What? I'm sure she has the money to buy new ones. Those were so old fashioned anyway".

"Yeah! I could if I had the money you own! Do you know how important were those glasses for me?" I shouted furious.

Those were a gift from Phillip when we realized that I couldn't see well. I held onto them for years, cherishing them. I couldn't believe that she broke them.

"Relax girl. It's just a pair of glasses. I'm sure you can see well enough and without them. Besides you can always ask Hayley to steal a pair for you!"

The boy sighed and took them from the ground placing them as careful as he could in my nose bone.

"Here, I'm sorry for my sister".

The glass was scratched and cracked. Also they were a bit loose but despite all that I could still see. The boy in front of me was also shining in the sun. Orange hair sparkling along with his skin and he had hazel eyes. He was so handsome but still, was I delusional about him glimmering? Because Maddie didn't seem to be bothered by it.

"Are you fucking serious Brandon?"

"Stop being such a bitch to everyone Maddie. The poor girl didn't do anything bad".

"Oh you should have listened to her tongue when I first met her. So don't speak if you don't know".

"You're being as dramatic as ever. I'm sure you insulted her first". He said lending me a hand.

"Here".

I hesitantly accepted it and shook the dust out of my clothes.

"Thanks..."

He smiled at me.

"Anyway, where are those guys you were talking about Brandon? And why do they want to meet me of all people?"

"Friends of mine. Don't worry, they don't bite. They'll be meeting us on the centre of the labyrinth".

"If they're as hot as you, you know I don't mind meeting them". She giggled ignoring me entirely.

She could at least apologize. I walked by them returning Brandon's wave. The moment I escaped the labyrinth and the memories this had offered me I found Hayley holding two bags looking troubled but then she spotted me and her face flashed.