NATHAN~ 20

"Oriel, may I have a word with you?" I asked bowing to my so called acolyte.

I tried to ignore the fact that I had just exchanged gazes with Claire. Oriel looked at me troubled and lifted my head.

"I've told you many times, master, I'm the one that should be bowing to you. Don't do that again please".

I was sure that he would scold me but it didn't felt right. Regardless of his strength, Oriel, always submitted himself to me as if he was some kind of servant. I didn't like that. To be honest, Oriel might be a better fit for the throne than me.

"Now then, Sammy, Luna, duty calls. See you" he said taking me by the shoulder. Only Samuel's complain echoed.

"Don't call me Sammy!"

Oriel sat across me and looked at me suspiciously.

"What is the matter, master?"

I sighed.

"Please Oriel, don't call me master. You're my friend, not my servant. Just call me Nathan like everybody else".

"That can't do master. Your father will..."

"Forget about my father. When you're just with me, address me normally, for Moon's sake..." I interrupted him.

I really hated the fact that everyone hang on my father's word. Whether that being Oriel or Airith. Me too, I wasn't some kind of God or anything for them to talk to me so formally. Oriel took a bite of his favorite lemon bread and gazed at me.

"So? What's the matter? I left Solas na Ghel for a couple of days and you're already missing me? Just came back by the way. Thanks for your call. You indeed look troubled".

I knew Oriel was busy with training back at the Eclipse Realm and I most certainly didn't want to be a bother to him. His wings will get rusty if they don't exercise properly.

"You have no idea Oriel. It's just the first day of school and everything's going straight to hell. You felt the wave, didn't you?"

He looked skeptical.

"What? You mean Sora's wave? Man it was like an earthquake for the Celestial World. Did she really awaken?"

I nodded in response.

"Not only that, she reincarnated as a student of this academy. God Oriel, she looks just like the first time I met her. I can't do anything now to save her. Her wings will grow sooner or later and she... she isn't ready for this".

"I see... That means trouble. Do you have any idea what are the other Tribes plotting?"

"None".

"Why not try to speak with the Sun Tribe Generals?"

I quickly grabbed his hands.

"Are you fucking serious? The Sun Tribe hates me. Yesterday I was tortured by the Heirs".

His eyes widened.

"You what? How dare they lay a hand on our precious Heir? That means war Nathan, if your father or Ailith learns about this...."

"They won't. I'm already healed so it's fine".

"What did they want from you?"

"Information about Sora..."

He hit the table with his hands.

"Of course they did, those sun brats... Why are they targeting you?"

"Because they know the connections I had with Sora, that's why. Also they want to know what father is plotting".

He frowned.