CLAIRE~13

"Claire! How are you feeling? You suddenly passed out and..."

Hayley ran to me the moment she saw me walk into the open theatre that now reminded me of a town square. I ended up following Nathan's path to find the way back but at least now I knew a little better the place.

"I'm fine now". I said smiling and she looked at me slyly.

"You're kind of late. Tell me, did something happen between you two?"

My cheeks flushed. I couldn't possibly tell her what had happen to Nathan nor about the weird dream I had. She would most likely think I'm crazy.

"For God's sake Hayley no!"

She grumped.

"Boring..."

"Well sorry that I'm not interested in romance right now". I said and she laughed.

"Babes of course you are. Just Nathan is givin' you a hard time. Well, you shouldn't rush things. But I'm telling you again, I see a spark".

It was true that Nathan was handsome and also it was true that very small moves made my heart pound unexpectedly but that was just it. I helped him and deep inside I knew that this was the last time I would be that close with him. It kind of made me sad. I really wanted to meet this person. A familiar voice distracted me with my thoughts.

"Girls! How did you find the show? I swear every time it gives me chills".

"Hey Luna!" Hayley smiled as she approached us. The soft wind played with her wavy hair as she was walking. It kind of looked like sea waves.

"It was beautiful..." I admitted although I passed out at the middle of it.

"Magical. But it was fake wasn't it?"

Luna raised her arms questionably to Hayley.

"Who knows?"

I looked around me to spot so many students with Luna's unique hair color and I couldn't help but ask about it.

"Excuse me Luna, I've been wondering, that hair color of yours, is it common here?"

She looked at me confused.

"What do you mean? Is blonde hair uncommon for you?"

I was stunned. Blonde? This wasn't blonde. It was icy blue.  It literally was in front of me. It also looked like it was washed with silver dust.

"Blonde? Is your hair actually blonde?" I questioned again puzzled.

Hayley laughed.

"Of course. She is a natural blondie. Can't you see it?"

Was I imagining it? I reluctantly nodded in denial.

"I don't know what's wrong but your hair to me, seem like a very light blue... I may be wrong though. I may be still dazed from the fall I had earlier..."

Luna's eyed widened in surprise. It was as if she knew exactly what I was talking about. She inspected me concerned and then held my hands into hers.

"Care to come with me for a while? Hayley, do you mind?"

"Of course not. I'll be around, maybe flirting with that hottie over there. Look at those muscles man!"

My eyes met the person she was pointing. I almost chocked in my own saliva.

"Hayley, that's my brother!"

She looked at him and then over at me.

"What? The kiddo? Excuse me Claire but he's at least two heads above mine!"

"I know, God gifted him with height. Most of the time, I am being confused for his younger sister while I'm three years older".

She sighed.

"I'm going to be called a pedo, am I not?"

"I don't think so but I got to warn you. He bites".

"He bites? Oh... now I get it. Well, Phillip's there too so nothing is going to happen. No worries. But remember girls, my DJ show is starting in half an hour! Make sure to catch some drinks. Laters".

And she left. I gazed at Luna.

"Is something the matter?"

She pulled me in a quiet corner of the main building, away from the crowd.

"Claire, answer me honestly. Are you a moon child?"

I flinched.

"A what?"

"You must be right? Your skin is sparkling when the moonlight brushes it and you can see my real hair color. How come I don't know you?"

My thought was send back to my weird dream. Was I actually descended from the Moon Realm as that spirit had told me? It couldn't be, right? This was a tasteless joke.

"I don't understand what you are talking about".

"You're her right? The chosen one... Sora".

There was it again. It started to get on my nerves.

"My name's Claire Moon. Why is everyone confusing me with her?"

Her expression darkened.

"Everyone? How many of them know you?"

"Yeah, in my dream that spirit-like voice called me Sora and even Nathan asked me about her! I don't understand any of that".

She gently brushed my hair.

"Poor thing. Being chosen is like a curse and you don't even know your origins. You've been gone for years Sora, never completing the awakening till now. What did Nathan do to you? Do you remember?"

"I only met Nathan today! I don't even know him..."

She looked away worried.

"Things are worse than I expected".

I was so confused that my head started to hurt. She took a deep breath as she gazed at me again.

"Listen to me Claire, try to stay away from the other Tribes as much as possible. Especially from the ones with blonde hair that glow at the Sun's touch. You won't miss those. Also, Nathan. Avoid him if you can. Do that and you might escape your fate. I'm sure you've got a lot of questions but for now, stay safe".

That's what she said and walked away. What was all that? Tribes? Stay away from Nathan? I wanted to cry even at the thought of what I've heard the past two hours. Who exactly was I? What do I have to do with the Celestial world? I swear I'm just a normal girl born out of the love of two original humans. I could bleed and my skin was not sparkling, until today...  My hair color was natural too along with my eyes. I hadn't anything supernatural on me.

Or had I?

I couldn't think straight. I never drank but right now, all I could think of was some alcohol.