NATHAN~30

I lost count of the days I was away from the Academy. Time at the Celestial World flew so differently that I didn't even know what month I'd return. Rene reminded me that I needed to visit all three Tribes and make my revolution known. At the past, I only spoke to my Tribe and tried to make them understand me but this time was different. I just used a famous place of each tribe that I knew tribe children would gather and spoke clearly my beliefs and opinion. At the Moon Tribe I had the most cordial response. Eleanor and Violet along with some other Generals made known my presence and once I stepped my foot into their kingdom the road to the castle was covered in moonflower petals. People and even young children were waiting for me to pass the silver gate and their voices echoed as one.

"Hail Aria's son! Hail Nathanael, the blue-eyed Prince!"

I honestly didn't expect that reaction. Thinking back to when I was born, the Moon Tribe didn't like me being born with their characteristics but... was the ones who spoke those word, really the Moon Tribe's people? Maybe the one who didn't like me was the Queen and they put her words into the people's mouth. Children were literally looking at me as if I was some kind of savior and the applause was deafening. They were throwing me white and purple petals while some of them were yelling at me to dethrone the Queen. I knew Queen Herba was in a very difficult situation and I had no desire of killing her. I just needed to learn what was hiding in the shadows. Queens were high spiritual beings, right next to the Heavens and it was difficult to get in touch with them. Messengers were sent for communication. But I was determined to follow a messenger and stand face to face with all three Queens or even the Heavens. themselves. To do that though, I needed my wings. Water couldn't reach that high up.

On the other hand the situation at my Tribe wasn't the same. Ailith was waiting for me in front of the gates looking furious. Once I got in, she grabbed my hand.

"I can't believe you're seriously starting a revolution Nathan! What the hell are you thinking?"

"I already gathered loyal allies that have the same beliefs as I. You say you want to protect me but which side are you on Ailith?"

She had looked down troubled and that alone was all I needed to understand.

"Your father will kill you!"

"My father can try but I believe he has more serious things to think about. There is a war coming. Will you fight by my side Ailith?"

I had asked once again giving her the chance to change sides but the answer was again the same.

"Yeah, thought as much", I had said walking past her and ignoring her warnings.

I didn't need her to tell me that I was walking down a dangerous path.

"Our people hate you Nathanael!" she had once again shouted trying to discourage me.

"Not everyone. Some of them actually decided to grow feelings just like I did. So I'd appreciate if you kindly walked out of my way".

"Nathanael!"

"You don't know anything about what's happening Ailith. Once you learn, you're welcome to join my army or decide to stay loyal to the monster I call my father".

As expected, very little eclipse children followed my road. The majority even tried to kill me but thank the Moon Oriel was with me. I didn't bother to go to the castle. There I already knew death awaited me. Instead of going myself I used my blood to leave a message in my chamber's wall.

"Be prepared. I'm coming for you!"

I was done with the two Tribes but to be honest, the Sun Tribe was what I feared the most. Yeah, I did have as an ally one of the Heirs but still... I couldn't find the energy to go to the Sun Tribe yet. Instead I visited the Academy again. I knew I had to do it sooner or later but I gave myself a break.