Prologue~S4

I couldn't bear this... The burn was evolving into an intolerable sensation. It felt as if my whole environment within had burst into flames. I started tearing up and a moment later I heard Ilay's voice.

"Aaron stop! You're burning her!"

He didn't seem to listen. He just pulled me closer to him. His hand was holding my waist and suddenly an unbelievable flame started rapping it up. It turned my shirt into ashes and continued caressing my skin. The most painful stroke I've ever felt. I groaned in pain but he wouldn't part our lips.

"AARON!", Ilay shouted and from one moment to the other I found myself on the ground wheezing and coughing blood. The white floor easily got dirty by the drops. I looked at Aaron terrified. An Aaron I didn't recognize anymore. His forest-green eyes turned into a burning orange and his hair was shining more than ever.

I averted my gaze from him immediately, as if I couldn't bear looking at him. I examined my waist and at the view of my burned flesh I felt sick. Aaron seemed to come around.

"Sora, I..."

"Stay away from me!!" I screamed. Immediately I ran to my room, tripping a few times on the way. I heard him shouting my name but I didn't want to talk to him, no. Now I didn't even want to look at him.

He lied to me! How could he? And what was all this?

I quickly locked my room's door and let myself sank into my beddings. I hugged my favorite teddy bear. It was a birthday gift from Aaron when I turned thirteen.

Everything around me reminded me of him. We had the perfect relationship and now all that were destroyed, torn into pieces. I took my shirt of trembling to take a look at my waist on the mirror. It was burnt, really burnt! Drained skin, flesh, muscle, everything.

"Sora open up! SORA!", I heard him knocking outside my door.

"Go away...", I stuttered sobbing and again with every cough, blood was releasing from my mouth.

The knocks and Aaron calling my name continued for almost an hour until he eventually gave up with one phrase.

"I will make you listen to me Sora, just watch..."

I didn't pay attention and continued my crying and my effort not to get sick looking my waist until a sound came from my window. I was scared for a moment but then I decided to ignore it. I returned to my pillow and teddy. Then again, the same sound echoed but instead of getting up, I sank deeper in my soft covers.

Third time and I started to panic.

I stood up slowly and head up towards the window with my hand always on my burn. Silence prevailed everywhere in my room. It always troubled me when there was not even a whisper, I shuddered at the idea of me being alone, wherever that was. I wanted to call Aaron but he probably wasn't here and after what had happened I also didn't want to see him.

I gulped.

Fourth "tick" in a row and I jumped up causing my waist to ache. I abruptly opened my window... no one.

"Sora..."

I heard my name like a whisper that sent chills down my spine. Without me realizing it, I was in need of following the voice. Without controlling my movements I climbed to the window and stood at the edge of it ready to jump.

"Sora..."

I didn't want to... I was afraid of heights. If I jump, I'm dead that's for sure.

"Sora..."