NATHAN~24

What am I thinking? Was it so difficult for me to keep a distance? It's funny how I already knew the answers to that. I do everything that I can so that I can steal a little more time with her. I know it's forbidden, I know that due to the situation that was going on now I couldn't be anything more with her. All I asked for was time. Besides she was lost. She needed someone to guide her through this. Someone that she can trust. Someone like me. I took a glance at her who was walking next to me with the most pure smile I've ever seen. I once was told that the chosen ones are the most innocent so that they can be manipulated easier. Oriel was so right that it pissed me off. Those girls... not only Sora, every girl that had to go through this was like a little lamp walking into its own slaughter. I hated it and I wouldn't let Claire become one of them too. I can help her. I have both the status and knowledge. She won't fall into the Queens' hands. If I couldn't protect the girl that meant so much to me, then what kind of prince was I?

We sat to an isolated edge just because I was sure that someone will get suspicious. The dining hall at this hour was packed and I didn't want anyone hearing us.

"Should I go get trays?" she asked cheerfully and I nodded.

"Just get me whatever you get", I added.

"Deal!"

And with that she left for the buffet. I looked around me searching for the Sun Heirs. Out of everyone, they were the worst for me to spot. A familiar voice interrupted my thoughts and I felt a sudden smack on both my shoulders.

"Who in the Sun are we looking for Nathan?"

I tried to hold onto my anger as I turned to face Ilay.

"Why do you care?" I asked always watching Claire discreetly from the corner of my eye.

He put his arm around my neck as if we were old buddies and leaned over my ear.

"May it be the hot brunette at the buffet?"

I froze when I noticed that his honey eyes were literally undressing Claire. I avoided answering.

"Look Nathan, it's good for you to be interested in other girls. You save us a lot of trouble. Let Sora to us. I assure you, she'll be just fine as long as she unveils herself".

"You're so stupid for even thinking that Sora would ever give you a chance", I replied spontaneously.

His grip tightened menacingly.

"It'd be best for you to not provoke me Nathanael"

I glared at him.

"I'll have that in mind", I responded ignoring the strength he used to hold me down to the chair.

"You know what? I don't care about whether Aaron wins Sora over or not but I sure as hell wish for him to steal Claire from you. Don't even think about challenging him".

That was just perfect. Now I had to worry about Claire too. It'd be so bad if Aaron figured out that Claire was Sora. I may also have provoked him earlier today and actually giving him a slight hint that Claire might be the one he's looking for. How stupid of me. But no. If Claire stayed with me, I could keep her out of trouble. Aaron alone was easy for me to deal with but if it's for his brothers to appear, my wing condition putted me at a disadvantage. I sighed deeply.

The sound of the trays placed on the table startled me.

"I'm sorry it took me so long Nathan, it had a whole row".

I heard Claire's exhausted voice probably from the long stand. I was about to tell her not to worry about it but Ilay preempt me.

"Hey beautiful".