CLAIRE~12

My head was killing me. What was that all about? Was I even conscious right now? The last thing I remembered was Nathan running to catch me and then everything went blank. I stood up from the fluffy floor and checked my body for possible injuries. Where was I? Heaven? I swear I didn't fall that badly for me to die. I still wore the dress Hayley had gifted me and pretty much nothing had changed, except the place. It was so bright and for a moment I thought I was walking on pastel clouds. I walked forward hoping to find someone or something to tell me where was I. I looked up to see a sparkling icy blue and pal purple sky. It kind of reminded me of a winter sunset with the difference that the stars were already shining.

"Welcome Sora..." An angelic voice distracted me from my thoughts.

Sora? Not her again. Why was everyone so obsessed with her? I sighed confused of where did I need to look. There was no one here.

"I'm sorry you got the wrong person. I'm not Sora". I spoke to the void and a gentle laugh followed.

"Of course. Claire Moon. I'm sure you are confused".

"Who am I talking to?" I asked looking around me just to see the same magical scenery.

"There's no need for you to know my name yet. You are now on the path that leads to the entrance of the Moon Kingdom".

I was startled.

"Do you mean the sky? Am I at the sky?"

"You can say so, yes, a part of it. The sky in fact is parted in three Realms. The Moon Realm, which is located from the bright side of the Moon, the Eclipse Realm, which is located at the dark side of the Moon and the Sun Realm that you can find if you follow the Star of Dawn".

I was already puzzled. There was some illogical physics going on here but I didn't bother with that. I sucked at Physics anyway.

"What about Space?" I asked and the laugh echoed again.

"That's human. You are now located in a place beyond space and time. This is the Celestial World".

"That makes absolutely no sense".

"I can understand that but I'm afraid I've got no time for further explanations".

"What am I doing here?"

"You've awakened dear. You've been chosen. It's time for you to get married".

I froze at her state.

"M-married? I'm only eighteen! I'm not even in love".

"Yeah about that... marriage doesn't work like that here. You will have to choose from the Heirs of the other Tribes and always remember, Kings of each Kingdom aren't allowed to marry a second time or else it'll kill you as a punishment. You have to hurry Sora... we Queens are going to fade soon and then the anarchy will bring destruction upon our world. We need you to choose a husband as soon as possible and devote yourself to him. This is the only way..."

Her voice started to fade and I freaked out.

"What? No! Please don't leave. How am I supposed to choose a husband? I don't want this. I'm so young, please!"

I abruptly woke up, sweating. I was back in the Academy but I didn't recognize the place. It looked like an infirmary. Why am I even wondering? I passed out and then Nathan came. He must have left me here but where was he now? The room was pitch-black. I quickly stood up feeling a lot better and opened the door. I had to thank him for that. The moonlight once again showered over me and I felt uneasy. Was that what I saw really just a dream? I hoped it was. I don't want to get married if I'm not in love. What's even the point of marriage if you don't love each other? Life would automatically turn into a torture for both sides. I didn't want that for me or for the others. I decided to let it go. I'm sure this was my imagination after all. I blame it on the show. It was so magical and pretty that it played with your mind.