CLAIRE~17

Nathan was so beautiful. Aaron had caught my attention but the moment our eyes met I immediately turned back to Nathan. Aaron was horrible. Even the thought of drawing him made me upset. He stood on one stage and especially the stage that was closer to me. Nathan took the other one. I was about to change seats but Mrs. Teresa's voice stopped me.

"Excellent. Now that our models are on their place, lift up your sketchbooks, hold your pencils and begin. You have three hours. Remember, this is just a beginner's test that won't be graded. It's for my own personal research so that I can help you pick the best lessons for you".

A girl with short blonde hair raised her hand. Mrs. Teresa smiled at her.

"Oh I see we have a question. Tell me your name dear".

"It's Rene Soleil. Do we actually get to pick our lessons?"

Soleil... That was Aaron's surname, was it not? Do I remember correctly? Aaron had perhaps a sister? Their hair color surely matched. It shared the same shine under the sun and also they both had the same olive complexion.

"Oh you must be a first year. Didn't they inform you about this?"

"No miss. The dorm gathering is scheduled for tomorrow noon".

Another girl spoke. Miss Teresa looked concerned for a moment but then her lips cracked into another smile.

"That's fine then! You will learn about those tomorrow. Don't let it bother you".

I was also surprised with that but I guess I would find out the details tomorrow. I focused at Aaron in front of me and tried to draw some lines but I couldn't. I just didn't like it. I mean sure Aaron had a very muscular body but my eye's attention kept on being attracted by Nathan at the other side of the room. I so much preferred this sight. And then I gave in. I turned my chair over to Nathan so that I can have a better look of his side profile. His body looked like a sculpture. I didn't even realized how fast I started drawing lines. Almost mechanically. I didn't even look that much at my sketch.

"Guys, always remember. When copying real life objects or people, it's eighty percent observing and only twenty percent actually drawing. That's for more accurate results. Also don't forget to measure using your pencil".

I heard the professor's voice like an echo. I was so captured by Nathan's beauty that I barely paid any attention to the instructions and tips she was giving. I sketched his softly muscular arm and I yearned for it to hold me. Next I sketched his dazzling black hair and elegant profile along with his long manly neck. Eventually I drew the lines of his surprisingly sexy back and I was about to start adding the details but my hand continued unconsciously drawing something extra. I never held back my urge to draw something so I didn't stop. I just followed my instinct and then I was left with a pair of wings gracing his back. I was actually stunned but without over thinking it I continued on with the details on his feathers. The tunic covering the sensitive parts of his body made him look like an actual god. I went along with this concept and drew a discreet chaplet and some bracelets embracing his arm. I was delighted with my drawing so I added some extra details in the background. I made it look like he was walking on clouds. As I expected his bare beauty seemed supernatural. I was in love with this. To think that I only drew his side body profile... I worked a little bit on the shading and it was completed.

I could actually cry from how pretty this had turned out. I felt a presence behind me and I quickly turned. There stood professor looking quite concerned. Well, I didn't exactly copied what I saw, plus he wasn't even my model to draw. I sighed thinking that I was in trouble.

"Isn't that interesting?" she spoke and I flinched.

"Miss I can explain".

"Explain what? That you took a model and turned it into a fantasy masterpiece in two and a half hours? I am literally impressed".