CLAIRE~ 8

I've been staring myself at the mirror for the past five minutes. No matter how I looked at it, I couldn't recognize me. I looked like a princess. The dense little diamonds that decorated the velvet bust were thinning out as the dress wet down. My glasses also matched perfectly. Hayley was putting on her dress as I was turning right and left. Her dress was much plainer than mine. It was a knee short puffy backless dress with lots of feathers on the bust. She looked like a swan to be honest. So cute... Her blue hair did stand out a lot making her so special.

"And... done". She said to herself applying the last layer of her pink lip gloss.

She walked up to me and unconsciously I hid my chest.

"Isn't it a bit too unveiling after all?" I asked blushing.

"Are you serious now? It's just a strapless. You look beautiful don't analyze it too much. Now, I like your hair down as they are. What do you think?"

I looked at my wavy long hair covering my shoulders and I felt somehow relieved. At least that saved it a little.

"Yeah, they're fine as they are".

"I hope you don't say that only because it's covering your skin..."

I turned my gaze.

"No, not at all". I lied.

She smiled.

"Perfect, what should we do with your make up now?"

"I like it natural, thanks though".

"Only a layer of lipstick then?"

"No, really, I don't wear make up".

"Come on now don't be like that. Here, sit, in a couple of seconds I'll be done". She said forcefully making me sit on the chair. I couldn't resist it any longer. She applied a thin layer of sparkling lipstick and without me realizing she put some white eye shadow on my eye sockets.

"Hayley!" I said annoyed but she lifted her hands in surrender.

"Didn't do anything. But look how pretty you are. Now you're ready".

I looked again at my reflection and I was more stunned that the first time. But how? She didn't do anything, just a lip gloss and some eye shadow. Yet why I looked so different?

"I'm sure Nathan will appreciate that". She laughed and I glared at her.

"I'm telling you me and Nathan..."

"Shush! We will see about that in a couple of minutes. Look, it's getting dark".

I followed her gaze outside of the window to be frozen by the breathtaking view we had from our room. I could see the whole Academy. The sky was indeed darkening minute by minute and I noticed the sun hiding behind the mountains.

"We better get going. We will miss the Headmistress's welcoming speech. It'll start in about ten minutes".

The moon hadn't taken its highest place in the sky yet but the stars had already started to sparkle. She took me by hand and I almost got around to taking my phone.

"Where are we going? Do you know? The campus is huge".

"The open theatre. Main building. Good thing we don't wear hills". She said while locking our room.

I glanced at her shoes. If there were not hills then what were they? I was surprised to see white boots and there was me with white sandals that Hayley had let me borrow.

We rushed down the stairs. Other students were also going towards the main building dressed in classy elegant dresses and tuxedos. I found myself searching for Nathan. Why did he intrigue me that much? What was that he had to attract me in such degree? Although I was searching blindly for him, he was nowhere to be seen. Hayley noticed it and grinned at me.