NATHAN~38

Luckily, after Laylath surrendered no one else attempted to attack me. I returned with Claire safely to her house past midnight and her parents were obviously asleep already. I studied her quietly while we went into her room to see that nothing at all had changed. I was surprised to see that the moment we set foot in the human world, Claire's appearance was back to normal. Just like that. I found that pretty strange because I knew for a fact that once you change, you can't go back that easily. I didn't mind that a bit though. That brunette I fell in love with and now I've left my permanent mark on her. That was enough for me. She sat exhausted on her bed and I stood across her.

"I've a morning lesson tomorrow..." she complained.

"So do I, should we skip?"

"We definitely won't make it on time. Solas na Ghel is a long way road, if we want to make it we need to leave right now..."

"So shall we? I'll drive so you can take a nap if you want"

"I'll be completely honest with you, I really don't want to skip class..." she sighed.

I smiled.

"That's fine by me. Get your things and I'll make sure to let your parents know".

"No, don't bother. Go prepare the car, I'll leave them a note on the fridge that we left and that we're sorry".

I started packing my bag and nodded.

"Just so you know, you're back to normal", I revealed to her eventually.

She flinched.

"What do you mean?"

"Your appearance is humane. You changed the moment we reached the Human World".

Her face brightened up.

"I'm so relieved. To be honest, I felt a little odd looking like a moon child. I didn't feel like myself..."

"I can understand that. You've looked like this since your birth after all".

"Yeah... thanks for telling me" she brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Anytime", I answered and returned to packing my things and I heard her walking away.

Thankfully I had brought with me very few things and in only five minutes I was waiting for Claire outside. I noticed her sticking the note with a magnet on the fridge and she walked towards me locking the door behind her.

"Ready", she said and I smirked heading for the car.

We got in and she looked at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry to have you drive at this kind of hour..." she fastened her belt.

"No, don't apologize. Although it'd be faster if I used my wings" I said not trying to hold back my delight that I had them back.

"I'm so happy that this worked, really".

"That was too careless of you. In front of my father? What were you thinking turning him down like that?"

"Truthfully, I wasn't thinking, I just acted instinctively".

"He could've killed you"

She gazed at me reassuringly.

"But he didn't. Besides you were the first one to act carelessly".

I started the engine and we were now driving on the silent and empty streets of Angelmire. I briefly looked at her questionably.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't pretend you don't know Nathan. I know that you healed my father. How in the world am I going to repay you for that? Giving you your wings back, was the least thing I could do".