CLAIRE~29

"Yes mom, both Ian and I are doing just fine! What about you? How's dad?"

"He misses you honey... We miss you. Can't wait for the holidays. Is Phillip doing okay?"

She avoided answering my question about dad's condition so all that I could assume was that his condition had worsened. I felt a pain in my chest just at the thought of him laying on the sofa and sweating.

"Phillip is doing fine. He sent you his kisses".

"Well? Have you told him yet?"

I sighed.

"No and I won't need to do so. There's someone else..."

I started talking thinking about Nathan and my erased memories. I had no desire of taking them back but I did want to know how I used to think of Nathan or how I fell in love with him. Just those kinds of things. Further than that I preferred to make new ones.

"You mean you met someone else? What's he like?"

"To be honest he looks like a fallen angel with a heart of an actual one. I thought that a painting of mine might have gotten to life when I first saw him. This kind of thing, I've never felt when I'm around Phillip. I guess I've misunderstood my feelings. Phillip's more like a brother to me but Nathan... mom Nathan comes into the room and I lose the earth beneath my feet".

"That's indeed Cupid's work honey. Next time you come for a visit, bring him with you. He sounds wonderful".

"He is".

Although he tends to be kind of secretive. I would want him to open up more to me though.

"Besides, Phillip seems to get along with Hayley pretty well!"

"Hayley, your roommate right? Give her my regards when you see her!"

"I will. She has a class right now but I'll see her later".

"Okay then. Keep me informed about Nathan and I'll talk to you another time. I also spoke with Ian so don't worry".

"Okay mom. Love you".

"Love you too sweetheart".

Phone beep.

It's already been two weeks since I last saw Nathan. After that night, Nathan completely disappeared from school and from classes. I was starting to get worried plus I couldn't just fly to the three realms to look for him. I just hoped I'd see him soon. I had so many things I wanted to talk to him about, also show him how good I've become with my healing magic, thanks to Violet of course.  I fell back to my pillows and looked at the painting I made the other day of the other side's scenery. It was such a shame that Mr. Light was off for business. I never got the chance to attend his lesson. The Headmistress said that he will be back next week so I had to wait until then. The scenery though, couldn't wait. I wanted to paint it before it leaves my memory or on the worst case scenario someone erases it. God... I knew Nathan did what he did to protect me but I couldn't help but feel displeased. Those were my memories after all. He couldn't just erase them all.

I spotted the glass of water I left on my desk in the morning. I was going to paint with water colors but I just couldn't get my mind off that kiss. Ever since this happened, whenever I try to concentrate, I can't. My mind flies back to that sensation. To the way he touched me... to the way he kissed me...  Part of me wanted to feel him like this again. I didn't mind the butterfly war on my stomach, it was rather pleasing. Maybe I could try painting that too?  I kind of liked that idea.  Before I got my seat in front of the canvas I gazed at the water in the glass. Maybe I could just...