~EPILOGUE~

When Nathanael returned to the others with the title of Lumen King, his story had already ended. They flew down waiting to see a war evolving but the war never really happened. Azazael and Laylath were just about to attack Nathanael's back up outside the Tribes but when he appeared the light he carried with him blinded them. The three hallmarks bear testament to his heavy title.

For the first time Nathan's eyes saw Laylath down on her knees begging for mercy while his father turned into a shadow hound by choice. He said that it would have been better to turn into a shadow hound than turning into a minion of his son. It took some days but eventually balance and peace prevailed between the three Tribes. Even the Sun Heirs looked like they had found peace. With Nathanael as a king, forbidden loves came to the surface and the hatred vanished. Happy couples and precious friendships were now starting to bloom. Oriel of the Eclipse and Suzanne of the Sun was the first official couple although Suzanne was a little shy at first to admit it. Right behind followed Samuel and Luna who had still some communication problems and in reality none of them really admitted that feeling of passion that was building up between them. Honestly, they were just found out by Rene, kissing behind the walls of the Moon Realm. Rene, on the other hand, kept turning down Louis's marriage proposals and that because her heart was stolen by a human called Ian Moon. Claire could not believe in her ears when Rene explained her situation but was also glad that her brother finally had decided on one girl to chase. Ailith and Irith became Nathan's most loyal messengers while Aria returned to his side helping him rule. 

Nathanael was satisfied with what he had accomplished but now a new trial awaited him. Loefel's request. He had asked him to make his soul dissolve quicker and the only way to do this was by using the moon blade. He eventually ended up telling Claire that he needed to be a man of his word and Claire cried for days thinking to what he had asked of her.

And the day came. They were sitting on Angelmire's beach and Claire was playing the moon blade in her fingers. She still couldn't actually believe it.

"What if you don't come back?" she asked with tears on her eyes.

Nathan held her hands on his.

"I always do. You'll see".

He put the blade on his chest and smiled gently at her. And the story ended the same way it began with the difference that the roles now had swapped.

Claire killed him thirty six times and each time Nathan made sure their lips were locked.  She was a mess, crying every night and with the fear of not seeing him again crawling over to her chest. It was making her sick. One and a half years passed in the human world and Claire was trying to take her mind off Nathanael and his blue eyes that never changed no matter how many times he was reincarnated. She plunged into her studies at Solas na Ghel, especially into Mr. Light's class and focused on her family and friends. Hayley was the only person to whom she could talk to about Nathanael and she would lend her shoulder each and every time Claire needed someone to cry to. She also had made Nathan's chamber her second home, finishing that mural Nathan could not continue on working and writing non-stop in his diary about how much she missed him.  Event Aria knew that this would happen so she took care of the things at the Realms and awaited for her son's return.

You can't run from destiny though. On the thirteenth of May, Claire was sketching a blue rose at Angelmire's beach, shedding tears and yearning for her lost love when the silent waves turned wild. She stood up terrified but the one who landed in front of her was not a monster. He stood there, cleaner than ever, looking exactly how she remembered him. Her block fell from her hands as she attacked him throwing him on the sand.

"Now we're even", Nathanael smiled at her.

She still couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe that after so much time he was finally on her arms. Her tears of joy fell on his face thinking that she wouldn't have to kill him for another time. The blade flew back at the Moon Realm and the only thing that remained was the love that this blade held.

They stayed there all night, exchanging kisses of passion and words of love. Their joined bodies weren't enough to define that kind of love. That love was a result of years and pain. That love walked through hell and made it back. It hid scars and tears but never doubt. There was just one word that could describe their love.

Eternal...

~Fin~