NATHAN~46

Lilith stood up and looked at me in the eye. I had no idea to what I had agreed to. I was clueless but ready for everything.

"Let me enlighten you Nathanael, apart from being Queens we're the guardians of the three virtues that characterize the three Tribes. Power, Wisdom and Courage. Only the Lumen King had all three of them and according to those you'll be tested. Queen Arpina holds the virtue of Power, Queen Cordelia the virtue of wisdom and I hold on the virtue of courage. Three virtues, three tests. Your first test is for Arpina to decide so please approach her first".

I nodded to her words and did as she said. Arpina smirked and the place around me magically changed in a cloud of fire. The Queens disappeared and I was alone in a destroyed field full of dead bodies and ash.

"Listen to me Nathanael, you know hold the powers of all three tribes but as you can see, you misused them. Everything around you was your fault and the blood of those citizens you see is in your hands. In a couple of minutes the rebels will come after you, what are you going to do Nathanael?" Arpina's voice echoed as an echo and then silence followed.

I looked around me. This was just horrible. I would never wipe out innocent people. They have any right to come after me. The smell of burned flesh and smoke brushed my nostrils and it made me sick. I took a glance to my hands to see that they were covered in blood. Fresh blood. My heart tightened. I would never...

I never managed to complete my thought. I noticed torches in the distance and a whole army of masked men ran up to me. Before I could react they had throw ropes that wrapped perfectly around me immobilizing me. They tightened it and I fell onto my knees.

"That's right, kneel before us you monster!"

"Burn him. Turn him to ash just like he did to our people".

"Show no mercy".

The words hurt me more than the actual rope.

"Will that make you feel better?" I asked raising my head to look at them in the eye.

"Not even your death will make up for the destruction you have caused".

"What will then?" I continued asking ignoring the fact that I hardly could take a normal breath.

The flames were coming closer to me too. The rebel looked troubled.

"What do you mean?"

I noticed a young girl with dirty clothes hiding behind a tall man. She looked terrified and her knee was cut open.

"Did I do that to that girl too?"

I clenched my teeth as the fire started brushing my feet.

"Of course it was you. You heartless beast. I hope you rot in hell". The man hid the girl behind his leg.

I nodded.

"Bring her to me. I can heal her and every injured person in here, only if you let me. You don't even need to untie me and yes you're absolutely right, the man who did this truly was horrible".

"Don't listen to him. He just wants to manipulate you".

"Alright then. Don't put out the fire, just bring the girl to me". I straggled to say.

The man tentatively sent the girl to me.

"Come from the sides so the fire cannot reach you", I advised her smiling.

The poor child was limping and her wound looked awful. I bend down to her ignoring the burn and I blew her knee. The usual ice wind of the Moon Tribe appeared and the wound magically started closing. The fire reached my fingers and I screamed in pain. This felt way too real. I noticed the girl running back to the man.