NATHAN~11

I couldn't believe that she was chanting the Moon's prayer. I didn't need any more proof, the thing I feared the most knocked at my life's door once again. That would explain the attraction I felt towards her while I didn't even know her. That was bad. The other Tribes surely had noticed her skin sparkle and the hunt would continue, and the suffering and my father would realize and... oh God I couldn't let this happen. The next second I glanced at her she was falling to the ground with her nose bleeding. I immediately ran up to catch her.

"Shit!" I shouted thinking that everything would go straight to hell from now on.

I caught her in my arms and strived to leave the theatre without anyone noticing. Hayley's voice stopped me.

"What is wrong with her?" she asked concerned.

"She just passed out, maybe from exhaustion I don't know but I'll be taking her to the infirmary".

Lies. Lies. She didn't pass out from exhaustion she passed out from the awakening that I so desperately wanted to avoid. The good thing was that she wouldn't be remembering me in any case thanks to the unbreakable spell of the blade but the bad thing was that when she wakes up she'll know all about the Tribes and the thing that's going on between the Realms. I sighted as I ran away from the crowd hoping that no one follows us. Luckily, the Academy was empty due to the Moonlight Dance. I walked into the infirmary knowing that Violet had the night off and laid her on the bed. I looked over at her to see her blood color and consistency. That was the last of the signs that unveiled that she was originally a moon child. Silver and the consistency was that of melted gallium. Toxic for sun children. Gently I wiped it up with my thumb and I got rid of every evidence that confirmed she was Sora. I sat next to her and totally undressed her with my eyes.

I couldn't believe something like this was happening again. Solas na Ghel is the worst place for her to be.  Laylath was here, the sun trio that was after her heart was here and I myself, her worst enemy, was also here. What was I supposed to do? I feared the thought of the story repeating itself but right now I was consumed once again by her. Hate me. That was the only solution. I would make her hate me, no matter how much of a pain to my heart would that be. I soundly breathed out and brushed my hair back in frustration. I shouldn't be here. When she wakes up, I must be long gone and never approach her again. I stood up and headed for the exit but my eyes brushed again her face. This peaceful and pure face of hers, emitting the kind of innocence that could drive me mad. My mother's words echoed to my mind:

"Do what you must do my son... and you'll see that even the worst action can lead to something surprisingly beautiful if your motives aren't selfish".

How mother? What am I supposed to do?  Sora was suffering because of me for years. How much more we have to endure to see that beauty you're talking about? I don't understand. Nothing good comes out of this, only pain. I swear I've been tortured for decades, I only want this to end. But I knew that something like that, was impossible. I knew that the anarchy needed to stop but I didn't understand why that was only for Sora to solve. Why is she the chosen one? Who makes those decisions and why does this happen every one hundred years?  Can't we have something stable? Why do the heirs have a time limit until they fall? We are supposed to be immortals but no, every one hundred years a girl must sacrifice her life and get married for the greater good. For power balance. That's exactly what happened to my mom. I hated it. I absolutely hated it but there was nothing I could do to change that. "This is just how the things work". Bullshit. There was something deeper going on here and I bet no one has ever thought about it. They're all just soldiers. They don't give a damn...  just blindly following the orders of the Greater Ones.

I decided to not continue thinking about stuff that infuriated me. I glanced at Claire. The moonlight that was coming in from the windows didn't stop showering her skin, making it sparkle and I was kind of worried about that. If it wasn't for the full moon, it wouldn't sparkle so brightly but I couldn't take any risks. I closed the curtains to protect her from possible outsiders. I, now, was ready to leave but something wouldn't let me. This building up tension, the urge to make her mine after all this hell we've been through only for being in love...