NATHAN~44

"Did she return safely back?" I asked Brandon who was helping me with my injuries.

"I believe so. Further from that Nathan, Rene told me what happened after I left the arena. Did you seriously agree to something that dangerous?"

"I've been through worse and it's the least thing I can do for him".

I winced as he tightened the bandage around my chest.

"It's dangerous"

"I know but when did I play safely?" I joked.

"Yeah tell me about it. There, you're ready".

I stood up.

"Thanks. And thank you also for what you did back there. If it weren't for you, Claire would have married one of your brothers".

"It was nothing. By the way I've got to tell you that Ilay after he woke up was terrified. I doubt that he or Aaron will mess with you again".

"I hope they don't because believe me, I have tons of enemies right now".

Brandon peered at me.

"You need to do something about that hair. Maybe ask Rene to do them in a braid for you ".

"It's fine, I'll stick with a ponytail for now. Thanks though".

"So, are you heading for the Queens yet?"

"I have something to do before that. Thanks again and also please take care of Ilay, he needs to get over his shock".

"You bet".

We exchanged glances and then I spread my wings flying back to the Academy.

I thought that with all these going on both Claire and me had lost some classes. Plus, I needed to explain to Hayley what happened. Hesitantly I landed on their floor's balcony careful to not be seen. It was late in the morning and the campus full of students. I gently knocked the door and in a matter of seconds Hayley opened it.

"Oh shit. What now? From an angel you turned into a god?"

"It's a long story..."

She played with my hair.

"I like them to be honest. Come in, your Juliet is inside".

"Thanks".

I smiled coming in. Claire was sitting on her bed. Thankfully she had returned to her human self. She was scrolling through the book of the Tribes.

I sat beside her and turned to Hayley.

"How are you holding up?"

"To be honest, Claire explained everything because you being an angel or something frightened me. It's a totally messed up life that I never expected my roommate to live. That, makes my problems seem tiny".

"Okay, then you can stop being scared of me because I'm not your punisher. Rest assured. I'm just Nathan and yes I still paint and go to school". I joked.

"Say Nathan, how old are you exactly?"

I laughed.

"I'm not going to answer that. You don't want to know".

She grumped.

"Fine".

I gazed over to Claire who had not said a word. She was way too deep into what she was reading that she didn't even notice me. I gently elbowed her.

"What is so interesting that gets your attention away from me?"

"It seems that I am able to change between my two forms because my soul is half human and half celestial".