CLAIRE~10

"Good evening everyone, I'm Claudia Jefferson, Headmistress of Solas na Ghel. Tonight we celebrate the 200th Moonlight Ceremony and I'm as excited as ever to welcome all our freshmen. It's a pleasure to meet each and every one of you. I wish you the best of luck in your career and don't forget that the Academy is here to guide you from your first to your last step. So let's start this night with a spark of magic!"

Blue and white fireworks made their appearance on the sky. Mrs. Jefferson's was standing there in her oblong dress with a playful smile. Applause and excited screams echoed throughout the theatre but the lights didn't turn back on. Unexpectedly from the crowd some girls started walking up in the air as if they were climbing on invincible stairs. A united voice of surprise and enthusiasm echoed along with an almost inaudible melodic murmur that kept building up. Girls with long icy blue hair and sparkling skin started dancing on the sky. Their white veils wrapped around their arms, beautiful and airy dancing along with their bodies to this flowing hymn which i didn't recognize. Their voices were angelic so was their language. A language I didn't quite understand. It sounded like Latin. Some kind of prayer, I assumed. Whichever was the case I found myself unexpectedly drawn into that. Then as they were dancing on to the sky, six men appeared out of nowhere and stood behind each girl following their moves and gently becoming partners. The most magical thing about the guys were their wings coming out of their backs. Wide, white angel wings, the only accessory of their bodies. They only wore a pair of white pants, nothing more. Their hair matched the girls' long and icy blue while they shared the same pair of crystal like eyes.

"Are those fucking wings?" Hayley shouted in surprise.

I lifted my shoulders. I actually didn't know if this was real or not, but to me it seemed kind of familiar.

"There's no way, right?" She laughed thinking her question dumb.

I noticed Nathan approaching her. He, like all the other students, seemed impressed.

"Do you believe in magic Hayley?" He asked smiling.

"These are a bunch of crap".

"Oh are you sure? Does this seem like a bunch of crap to you?"

"Yes... I mean no... I mean, I don't know. It must be right?"

"This is for you to decide". He said winking and I felt my heart flatter.

The words that flew out of my mouth, I didn't expect.

"Do YOU believe in magic Nathan?"

He immediately turned to me.

"I once did. But then I realized, how painful can magic be. I enjoy listening in it though".

"Damn Nathan, you're so mysterious. What the actual hell are you hiding?"

"Maybe the Hell itself... you can't really know". He answered and his gaze met mine once again. He was so dreamy, so beautiful, so perfect, he was creating a weird urge inside of me which I couldn't really define. I felt like I could keep staring at him for an eternity. Maybe make a painting of him over and over again, endlessly. Each time with different colors. Dark for the mystery surrounding him, light for the soul he hid under this body of his.

Hayley waved playfully her finger in front of his face distracting him from me.

"You are provoking my interest".

"Everyone's" He replied with his gaze tangling with mine again.

What was this? What was this bemusement he was creating inside of me each time he opened his mouth or looking back at me? I didn't understand. I didn't understand a thing. Without me noticing it Nathan walked at me looking kind of frustrated.

"Say Claire, do you perhaps know a girl named Sora?"

Sora? Wasn't that the name Aaron and the other guy mentioned earlier today? I didn't know such name. I hesitantly nodded in denial.

"I'm sorry... I haven't heard that name before. Why?"

He looked down.

"Thought so. There was no way". He said kind of disappointed.

I looked at him concerned. Sora huh? What relationship did that girl have with him? Only at the sound of her name he frowned.

"If I learn anything about her though, I'll tell you". I added smiling.

"No need for you to do that. She is better off far from me anyway. Don't look into that matter please".

"Yeah but-" I tried to pursue him but he immediately glared at me.

"I said don't! That's not any of your business anyway".

He spoke so harshly, he must really hate me. I didn't even know the reason but it hurt me. Even though I met him only today, I was bothered by it. Was it because of what happened at the stairs? Was it because I asked him about his wound? Which one was it? I swear I didn't mean any harm in any way.

I turned again to the show before me and then the weirdest thing happened. I fell as if the moonlight had circled me and the eyes of the mysterious people dancing in the sky on me. I felt watched but in the creepy way. Without me realizing it, I found myself whispering to myself the same words as them. I didn't know Latin and for sure I didn't know this kind of prayer, so why at this bare moment, I'm singing along with them? Hayley noticed.

"Claire you're bleeding..." she said terrified.

Bleeding? Me? I didn't feel a single drop of blood on my body but besides that I couldn't even answer. I felt like I was enchanted.

"Claire are you listening to me? Your nose is bleeding, like a lot!" Hayley's voice echoed again but I didn't react. I continued chanting whatever they were.

She shook me violently but I couldn't move a muscle. Then my senses started growing weaker. I could barely stand. The last thing I saw before passing out was Nathan running up to me and his distant voice.

"Shit!"