NATHAN~22

I brushed my hair back in frustration. Why is the Sun Tribe associated with Claire? That couldn't be good.

"Whatever, just make it quick". 

Rene gave me a serious look that actually terrified me. What in the world did she need me for.

"Listen to me Nathan, I'm going to be quick about this because in this classroom there are people who don't need to know about any of this. Let me just ask you one question first. Do you have any desire of becoming Lumen King?"

Her question startled me. I had not the slightest interest in becoming Lumen King. The only thing that concerned me was Sora's safety. My father on the other hand wants to become Lumen King once again but that's strictly forbidden.

"I don't". I answered and she smiled in relief.

"Perfect, just perfect. I knew you were on our side Nathan. Listen to me, some Generals of the Sun and Moon Tribe are against Sora marring. We believe that there is something very wrong with the Queens and if I'm not mistaken you must have noticed that too. What I ask from you is an alliance with me, would that be okay prince Nathan?"

I stayed silent for some seconds, trying to find any sign of malice in her eyes but she was totally clean.

"Do you know that Claire is..."

She nodded understanding my implication.

"I do and for your information I pretty like her too and definitely don't want her life to go to waste just because that's her fate. It's not, okay? Everything is a trick from the Queens I'm telling you! But the worst is that no one besides Sora and the Lumen King can communicate with them".

As she talked, her voice started growing louder and louder, so much that I needed to cover her mouth for her to realize.

"You're being very loud and we don't want others to hear these kinds of things. I understand what you mean and I get your concern. I'll do what I can. After we're finished with this class, I am going to the Eclipse Realm and I'll gather some information. I will fill you in but Rene, can I really trust you?"

I slowly pulled my hand away from her mouth.

"You most certainly can. Nathan, our Heirs may be complete idiots but not everyone is like that. I'll see you tonight after class, I'll also ask the other Generals, we can meet at the inside garden behind the wall so that we leave the mundane students out of this mess. How does that sound?  We can have a pretty good conversation".

I nodded.

"I understand, see you then".

Rene smiled at me before returning to her seat. Truth was that I was taking into consideration Oriel's words. I needed allies and this was the perfect chance for me to find them. I didn't sense anything bad coming from Rene and I had a strong feeling that her intentions were pure. I didn't look farther into it and started taking notes while I was waiting for the professors to "discuss" about how understandable was for them to make a fool out of me.  I so am not taking this class again. I think I already learnt a lot about the wings I don't have. It'd be better for me to not fail this. Why do even freshmen choose that lesson? I sighed and just waited for class to end. Luckily no one else was used as a demonstration.

I quickly gathered my things and left the class first. The ringing in my head kept on distracting me and I couldn't stand it. I wanted to leave for the Realm tonight but that was just unbearable. I was stressed and this didn't help at all. I ran to the lake outside the academy and as usual I used water drops under my feet to elevate me. God, not having wings was such a pain. Risky too. If anyone from my tribe saw me like that... I don't even want to think about the consequences. I'm surprised I've come this far without anyone noticing. I glided over the clouds and finally reached the Moon Realm, I walked past the bright side and stood outside my realm's gate. The cold air slapped my face while the gate automatically opened recognizing my tribe hallmark.  I checked around me to see other tribe members whispering for my arrival here but I didn't pay much attention to that. I needed to go to the castle so I started jumping around the naked trees to avoid meaningless conflicts with the others. I was used to my tribe hating me and that's why I spent most of my time at Solas na Ghel. There, at least, I had a few people I could call friends.

I hoped to see Oriel on the training field but it was empty for the time being. I sighed as I got closer to the castle. I jumped above the rails and as quickly as possible I reached the Throne Room with the water's help. Luckily, no one was around, not even Laylath. I wanted to get over with this already. I had afternoon class too. I entered the room noticing my father's furious gaze upon me.  His hair now was done in a tight bun and his wings were nowhere to be found, probably hidden. I looked at him annoyed.

"Can you stop that? I'm here already. You're giving me a headache".

"And that's the least I can force into you, if you don't zip this big mouth of yours".

Already I started to get irritated.

"So, tell me, what did I do wrong this time, your Majesty?" I said ironically emphasizing his title.

Bad decision. In a matter of seconds I fell into my knees with the usual wave of pain all over my body.

"Mind how you address me Nathanael".

I lifted my gaze to face him.

"I barely even make my existence known down there. What are you accusing me of?"

"A bird told me some interesting staff about you. So, Sora really did awaken. That's good news and bad news. The good news is that I, now, can become Lumen King, the bad news are that due to a certain someone I don't know who is Sora's reincarnation. I believe you can help me with that Nathan, can't you? I'm sure you've figured already out who Sora is".

I held back a laugh.

"Me? Help you? Not going to happen. Even if I knew who Sora is, what makes you think that I would share it with you? Why don't you send Laylath? I'm sure she'd be delighted but wait... you can't right? Because she is fucking useless when it comes to Sora. Too bad for you daddy..." I mocked him not giving a damn about the pain he caused me.

He stood up from his throne and approached me. He lifted my chin with one hand and with the other slapped me. Figured that much. Whenever he got an answer he didn't like, that was his response.

"Yeah and you believe that's going to change my opinion. If you thought that even for a moment, you're so deluded". I spoke fiercely.

"Find Sora and bring her to me or else I'm going to send someone else and I'm sure you don't want this to happen. I'm not going to waste any more time with you. Dismissed".

He ordered relishing me. I quickly fixed my uniform and without a single glance at him, I jumped down. I hated this and that hatred day by day deepened. I was patient enough. What I'd like to know was when I'd reach my limit. I once again walked towards the training field hoping to see Oriel. As expected he was practicing swordsmanship with his moves and wings as fast as ever. You could barely even see him. That's how fast he was. I smiled. He was the best choice I've ever made.

"Hey Oriel!" I shouted and he immediately stopped moving. He landed in front of me wiping the sweat that ran down his forehead.

"What's up? Daddy issues?" he asked lending me his hand for a manly handshake. I rolled my eyes accepting his handshake.

"You can't even imagine".

He gazed at me concerned.

"You looked kind of pale. Did something happen?"

"Nothing much. It was just Emmanuel making a display out of my broken wings today in class. That might be it".

"That bastard. Should I kill him?" He said seriously pointing at his black sword.

"No. Don't waste your extraordinary skills on him. Never mind that, I managed to gather some possible allies. We're meeting tonight after class, do you think you can make it?"

He looked up in thought.

"Tonight you said? I'll definitely come. I might be a little late though... I'll whistle to you".

"That's not a problem as long as you come. Thanks Oriel".

He once again spread his black wings and returned to the field.

"See you master".

I too needed to return to the academy. Due to the time difference between the Eclipse Realm and the academy, I could easily get distracted and I wanted to be in time for lunch. I returned to the Human World the same way I left. I was so lucky that I didn't run to certain tribe members. If I had, I'd probably end up in a fight. As I was about to enter the dining hall, someone bumped into my back and when I turned my eyes met hers...