The Beginning

Two Days LaterARKHAM ASYLUM Jane's StationWarmth covers smooth, tan skin as the sun peeks it's way through a window

Two Days Later
ARKHAM ASYLUM
Jane's Station
Warmth covers smooth, tan skin as the sun peeks it's way through a window. A sigh can be heard within Jane's room as a hand rises, reaching for the white ceilings. It looks as if it's grasping something unattainable.

The girl stretches her slender body, hearing a series of cracks echo throughout the cold room. Jane, formerly known as Kay Challis, slowly rises up and sits on her white, twin-sized bed. After three very long years Jane is finally being released from Arkham Asylum; the land of the broken and unstable.

With a small "thud" she lies back on her foam mattress and stares at the white ceiling. Her mental state has slowly but surely been improving. Her progress has also not been unnoticed, hence why she's being released to the public. They believe letting her out will be good for her mental state.

Jane's throat swells up as her mind goes back to what led her to be sent here in the first place. Her brown eyes close, shutting out the past.

Her name was Kay Challis. Her mother passed during her birth so she was left with her father. He was a very evil man. Her father began to abuse her at the age of five and ever since then, things have shifted. Jane still remembers the first time she witnessed it happening. Tears burn the back of her eyelids as she recalls what had happend to the little girl who still lives inside of her.

She pictures the day Kay was playing with her puzzles. Jane doesn't remember what photo she was piecing together, but what she does remember is her father's presence. After that day, Jane, then known as Kay Challis, withdrew completely. She was replaced by her first primary. She only answered to the name "Miranda."

Years had passed, and she was still identifying herself by that name. Kay Challis hadn't came out since then. Then, the unimaginable happened. "Miranda, still in Kay's tweleve year old body, had became a victim of rape at her local church. She remembers it being Easter Sunday.

This triggered flashbacks of her former abuse and lead to the destruction of the "Miranda" personality and the completion of her massive personality fragmentation. Miranda, then in Kay's body was then transferred to a mental hospital after this happened, leading to today.

Since that day, Miranda fled Kay's tweleve year old body and was then replaced with Jane. She took over Kay's body once she learned Kay wanted to stay in the underground with the others. Kay was soon accompanied by Miranda. Though, soon enough Miranda began to separate herself from the others and started to spend her days in her unit.

She seeked guidance from The Weird Sisters. They told her to go to the well. Miranda disappeared since then. Her station is a space in the underground where no one dares to enter. Only Driver 8, another one of Jane's personalities, has been inside. She hasn't dared to talk about the unspeakable things she saw in Miranda's unit.