dissociation

EMILY'S HOUSE         Everyone turns to look at Jane

EMILY'S HOUSE
      Everyone turns to look at Jane. "Is she okay," Sam asks Bella. Nodding her head, Bella walks toward Hammerhead. She kneels in front of her. Bella looks back at the pack of wolves. "Give her a minute. She's dissociating," she says. Embry's ears perk up. He asks, "from what?"

       Soon the body's structure complete changes. Hammerhead had completely left the body. The scar above her lip had completely disappeared, along with the black tattoo on her chest. Her hair now seems lighter than before, as do her eyes.

Flit's soul causes the body to slouch in the chair. Her legs open wide, similar to how men sit. Flit looks down at Bella and smiles widely. "Hi, Bella," he exclaims, waving his hand. Flit observes his surroundings.

Flit notices everyone either standing behind a kitchen counter or sitting by a wooden dining table. They picked muffins out of a bowl.

     "Hi! I'm Flit," he introduces himself. He crosses his legs beneath his bum and bites his lower lip, smiling at everyone. Everyone watches her in a mixture of shock and weariness. Bella stands and takes a seat beside Flit.

    "Hey, Flit. Where did Hammerhead go?" Bella asks the teenage boy. He answers truthfully, "she wasn't feeling too good so Lucy asked me to cover for her. They're getting close to finding Jane though! I can feel it!"

      Flit smiles at Emily and the boys, showing off Jane's dimples. A soft giggle escapes his lips as Embry's fork falls to the table. "Uh, everyone, this is Flit. He's one of Jane's many personalities. I don't think Jacob told you but Jane has a mental disorder called DID. It's where she dissociates and shifts personalities," Bella explains, looking at everyone in the room.

     She continues, "each personalities either has a unique ability or a signature quality trait. Like um," Bella looks down at Flit as he ushers her to continue, "Hammerhead. You guys just met, actually. She's, like, super strong."

   "Then there's Flit," the boy stops to wave at every one in the room, "he can teleport. There's roughly sixty-four more of them." Bella turns to everyone.
They all listen quietly.

    Once Bella stops her explanation they all turn their heads to look at Flit. He blushes under their gaze but smiles nevertheless. "Awesome," Embry exclaims loudly. "Yeah," Jared joins in, smiling at Flit.

Flit's eyebrows raise as he notices their approval of him. Paul steps in, "so you're the one who teleported.. hammerhead.. in the fight?"

    "Well, yeah. I'm sorry about that," Flit apologizes, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. Paul nods his head and leans back against Emily's kitchen counter. He was intrigued. "Wait," Jared says, "so who were you talking to earlier? We heard you talking to yourself." Flit shares a look of confusion. Then something clicks!

       "Oh! Yeah! Hammerhead was just talking to Lucy in The Underground." Jacob steps up beside Paul and asks, "The Underground?" Flit looks over at him and blushes slightly, staring a his abs.