Black Annis

MIMI'S SCHOOL OF DANCEAlmost immediately, Black Annis steps up to the surface

Almost immediately, Black Annis steps up to the surface. Soft patting echoes throughout the dance room as she hovers above the ceiling, in the darkest corner of the dance room. Her razor sharp teeth glow in the dark as her black, almond shaped eyes shimmer slightly.

Black Annis is an aggressive misandrist with razor sharp fingernails. She guards the entrance to The Well in the Underground, preventing men from passing through. She's also known for her enhanced sense of smell. Black Annis is able to easily detect when someone is approaching her, purely by scent.

She's able to easily tell the difference between a man and a woman. Her soul rises from the darkest pits of the Underground, whenever Jane is severally threatened by a man. Her hatred for men had transformed almost as soon as Jane had the incident in church.

She was actually one of the alters that came in after Daddy. Though, she stayed hidden. Jane didn't know about her til just last year. Black Annis has a taste for human flesh, preferably children and men, though she appreciates a vampire here and there. They were her favorites during her stay in the mental ward.

"Jane," Bella spins around, searching for her companion. She's nowhere to be found. "Jane," she repeats, her voice cracking towards the last syllable. Silence. Black Annis stands in the darkness, her eyes narrowed. She focuses on the male shadow that stands near Kay Challis' cousin, Bella. Her nose flared as she takes a big gulp of fresh air. And there she smells it. The Tracker.

Black Annis had been there when they first met him at the field, she immediately knew what she was having for dinner. A feminine voice could be heard throughout the studio. "Bella? Bella," it says. It's a mother. Bella searches for her mother. "Bella, where are you," she asks.

Bella whirls, trying to find its source. She follows the sound to a cleaning supply closet. She throws open the door to find a T.V. On screen a video plays of Bella, at age 7, hidden in the very closet the T.V. Little Bella looks up at the camera. "Don't you want to dance, baby," asks the motherly voice.

Little Bella shakes her head stubbornly. The frame jiggles as Rene hands someone the camera. Rene, ten years younger, appears on screen and kneels next to Bella. Annis and Bella watch the tape. "Everyone makes fun of me," Little Bella replies. "But you're a wonderful dancer," Reneé replies.

"Mom, I suck."

Laughter could be heard behind Bella. She spins, trying to locate James in the mirrors. This immediately brings a snarl to Annis' face. Her feet dangled from the ceiling as she began to climb down the pink walls, still hidden within the shadows.

"That's my favorite part. Stubborn child, weren't you," he teases her. Bella's face flushes with rage and relief. "She's not here. Sorry. But you really made it too easy," he continues. Visible in the mirror, he sighs, disappointed. Then he steps up next to her and points a video camera at Bella. Annis waits for the perfect opportunity to strike.